Orphalese Tarot Software Version 10 about to be released

purple_scorp

That is awesome purple_scorp! I will have a go at this tomorrow as hubby will back at work then and I won't be disturbed :thumbsup:

Groovy, yeah, yeah.

tarotlova, I just uploaded the two Spreads to the Spread Exchange. They are called:

Titania 9 Card Spread
Titania 35 Card Spread

I had to shrink the Cards down pretty small in the 35 Card Spread to fit them all on the screen.

Also after you download the Spreads, you will have to edit each of them to connect your Titania Fortune Card Deck with them as my Titania Fortune Card Deck might be named slightly different to yours (given I add a -N to the end of all of my Decks that contain Notes).

Can't wait for you to try them. Please report back how you went.

with love

LadyMarian

Hi Purple Scorp,
There is one tiny little thing about the program that is a concern to me. I will PM you about it this weekend after I work with the program again to make sure it is not a user error. LOL

I also want to thank you for making the tutorials.

Hi LadyMarian,

Bet you can't wait for the weekend then!

If you can think of anything that Orphalese doesn't do, let me know. Richard (programmer) has already started a list for the next major release which won't be until next year (though there will probably be minor releases in between).

I also have a list of tutorials I'd like to create. Let me know if there's anything that you'd like me to showcase.

with love

peacewing

This sounds really embarrassing... but I can't figure out how to add decks to the program! I keep following the directions.. making sure my folders are named and organized correctly.. making sure each image is labeled correctly... but even when I organize all of my folders perfectly, the program still does not recognize my decks. I have a great program but strangely enough... no decks that I can put in it!

gregory

It comes with three. To add decks, you have to register it - which costs - not a lot; I forget. If all else fails, put your deck in a folder, renumber the cards to match the programme, and then DRAG it into the packs folder...

Barleywine

It comes with three. To add decks, you have to register it - which costs - not a lot; I forget. If all else fails, put your deck in a folder, renumber the cards to match the programme, and then DRAG it into the packs folder...

I'm at the same point. I downloaded a couple of the free decks from the website since the version of the program I picked only came with Tarot of Dreams preloaded. I got them installed in the right folder, but can't figure out how to substitute them for the default deck. It might be time for some tutorial viewing.

peacewing

That's a great idea! I would love a tutorial on deck management. I keep on dragging folders around to no avail! I have reinstalled multiple times in different hard drive locations on Windows 10.

gregory

I'm at the same point. I downloaded a couple of the free decks from the website since the version of the program I picked only came with Tarot of Dreams preloaded. I got them installed in the right folder, but can't figure out how to substitute them for the default deck. It might be time for some tutorial viewing.
If you haven't registered ($$$) you can only have three decks in the folder. Otherwise it gets all upset :( The answer is to take one of the preloaded ones OUT for the moment and substitute (just keep a silent folder in there with the decks you aren't using and have only three in the folder called packs). That worked with 8; I haven't tried with 9, and don't have 10 yet.

Barleywine

If you haven't registered ($$$) you can only have three decks in the folder. Otherwise it gets all upset :( The answer is to take one of the preloaded ones OUT for the moment and substitute (just keep a silent folder in there with the decks you aren't using and have only three in the folder called packs). That worked with 8; I haven't tried with 9, and don't have 10 yet.

I only have one preloaded deck, the Tarot of Dreams. But it seems to have straightened itself out; when I went back in last night, the free downloaded second one was suddenly in the Decks menu and I was able to use it. Looks like I'm going to have to enter my own card meanings for it, though. Maybe I had to log out and back in for it to show up. I downloaded unregistered version 10 but haven't tried the edit feature yet.