Cards that "jump out"

tuesdaymoon

When you're shuffling, how do you deal with cards that fall out? I've heard of people using them instead of continuing to shuffle, but I am generally bad at shuffling any sort of cards and feel this is less fate and more regularly occurring clumsiness. Even with playing cards, I have to reassure people I'm not cheating, just bad at shuffling. Is it a mistake to ignore cards that jump out at me and shuffle them back into the deck?

RunningWild

Hi.

This thread will likely get moved because it's not about a specific card or group of cards but there was a thread recently in the Talking Tarot section about this topic. You can find it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=219723

I hope this helps.

tuesdaymoon

Thanks, sorry! Finding my way around.

Grizabella

Yep, I just shuffle them back into the deck. I look to see what the card is if it lands face down, but only because I'm a curious type person. I don't consider them part of the reading, whether it's one or many.

Readings are quite straightforward and the less I complicate it, the better the readings are, I've found.

Kgirl

When a card jumps out when I'm shuffling and I return it to the deck, and then it comes up in the reading, I pay attention. :)

RaaD

Well some of the readers like me believes that the card is jumping because faith wants this card to be red. Usually i dont go further with reading when i have jumping card. I assume that there is more important matter than the current question of the querent and im interpreting the card referring what this matter is. Only if the querent wants afterwords i perform the previous reading reshuffling.

Some readers believes that the card jumps because the faith does not want that card in the deck due the reading which makes the reading of the card irrelevent to the querent life or basically you can interpret it in front of the querent as what they should not worry about.

Some readers are just putting it back in the deck.

Either option you take you wont make a mistake

nisaba

When you're shuffling, how do you deal with cards that fall out?
Depends why they fall out. If they fall out because my shuffling style is being clumsier than usual that day, I put them straight back without looking. Divination isn't about being inept. If a whole heap fall out, I put them back in. After all, all my decks know I shuffle, cut, and draw from the top, so that's where all the relevant cards will be. If a single card falls out when I'm not being clumsy, I look at it, and put it back in. If it then comes out in the spread, I take particular notice of it. If it doesn't ... <shrug>

celticnoodle

Depends why they fall out. If they fall out because my shuffling style is being clumsier than usual that day, I put them straight back without looking. Divination isn't about being inept. If a whole heap fall out, I put them back in. After all, all my decks know I shuffle, cut, and draw from the top, so that's where all the relevant cards will be. If a single card falls out when I'm not being clumsy, I look at it, and put it back in. If it then comes out in the spread, I take particular notice of it. If it doesn't ... <shrug>

similar to what nisaba says. however, if one card does fall out w/o my clumsiness being the reason--I will pick it up, take notice of what card it is and put it back into the deck and continue shuffling. But even IF it doesn't show up in the reading, I include it in the reading as an extra one.