Spiritual & Esoteric interpretation of 3 of Pents / Chariot?

seaglass

I've been getting 3 of Pentacles clarified by The Chariot for advice this month.

Although I do need to find a new job, I am also interested in bigger picture and esoteric interps of this combo. I've been dealing with a lot of grief and death this summer, but at the same time I have to plan my wedding for next year and provide a foundation for starting a family in the years to come. Lots of death and planting the seeds of a new life. Astrologically I attribute it to Saturn's transit in Scorpio, and as I am a Cancer (often attributed to Chariot) with mid heaven in Capricorn (some say 3 of Pents is attributed to Cap), this combo does make sense for me.

My own explanation.... Focus on creating as a way to transcend this pain and loss. I am trained as a designer and find catharsis in art. Although most of my energy is dedicated to spiritual growth and holistic health, I do feel the need to *produce* more.

Any thoughts?

Richard

The 3 of Pents is the decan of Mars in Capricorn, and Mars is exalted in Capricorn. Looks auspicious for productive work. However, the clarifier introduces some tension, since Mars is in fall in Cancer, and Saturn, the ruler of Capricorn is in detriment. Perhaps you feel that there may be some potential friction between your job and your personal plans and spiritual aspirations.

On the other hand, Qabalistically the Chariot links the productivity of the 3 of Pents with the Strength of Mars, so your Cancerian nature should be much more of an asset than might be indicated by astrological considerations alone. Also there is Elemental harmony between Pentacles (Earth) and the Chariot (Water).

Final comment. The Hebrew letter for the Chariot is Chet, which means an enclosure, such as a house. The 3 of Pents together with the Chariot thus reflects a fundamental dichotomy between work and home, something we all must deal with at some point.

ETA. Don't forget that the fundamental meaning of the Chariot is victory.

Thirteen

Traveling from one plane to the next

I remember reading that the Chariot moves from one plane to the next and back again. Just as it's sign, the crab, moves from ocean to land and back again. So I would say that the spiritual and esoteric meaning of the Chariot is that you may have different personal elements trying to go in different directions, like the opposing, independent minded horses pulling the Chariot. They keep you from reaching the spiritual, and make you feel like it is a difficult thing to do.

But if you take control, and like a good charioteer get all the elements of yourself to work together, and focus on one particular goal, you will be able to speed from this earthly plane to the spiritual quickly, easily, and whenever you like. You will be amazed at how natural it is to transcend and return, and how much power you have to do so.

As for the 3/Pents, it's message is spiritually very similar. Here is a craftsman who, with the help of two wealthy gentleman, is creating a place of spiritual worship. All three are very earthly, and apart they can't achieve anything spiritual (the craftsman can't make anything without funding, and the rich men can't make anything but money without the craftsman). Working together, however, they all three find a way to the spiritual. So, once again, I think the message is not to ignore your earthly feelings, concerns, or needs, but to see that if you unite them in the right way, they can help you get to your spiritual side.

seaglass

Final comment. The Hebrew letter for the Chariot is Chet, which means an enclosure, such as a house. The 3 of Pents together with the Chariot thus reflects a fundamental dichotomy between work and home, something we all must deal with at some point.

ETA. Don't forget that the fundamental meaning of the Chariot is victory.

This is interesting, the part about victory and a house in particular. I currently live with my parents, and my mother makes my life miserable. I mean, she always has, but it seems to get worse with age. I am too broke to move out. I can't help but think that The Chariot and the 3 of Pents here is a sign to work on moving out, on finding financial stability and pursuing my own home. Does that resonate with your interpretation? I think it does somewhat.

I remember reading that the Chariot moves from one plane to the next and back again. Just as it's sign, the crab, moves from ocean to land and back again. So I would say that the spiritual and esoteric meaning of the Chariot is that you may have different personal elements trying to go in different directions, like the opposing, independent minded horses pulling the Chariot. They keep you from reaching the spiritual, and make you feel like it is a difficult thing to do.

But if you take control, and like a good charioteer get all the elements of yourself to work together, and focus on one particular goal, you will be able to speed from this earthly plane to the spiritual quickly, easily, and whenever you like. You will be amazed at how natural it is to transcend and return, and how much power you have to do so.

As for the 3/Pents, it's message is spiritually very similar. Here is a craftsman who, with the help of two wealthy gentleman, is creating a place of spiritual worship. All three are very earthly, and apart they can't achieve anything spiritual (the craftsman can't make anything without funding, and the rich men can't make anything but money without the craftsman). Working together, however, they all three find a way to the spiritual. So, once again, I think the message is not to ignore your earthly feelings, concerns, or needs, but to see that if you unite them in the right way, they can help you get to your spiritual side.

Thank you for such a simple and elegant interpretation, Thirteen. You make it look so easy! :O) I can certainly see how finding unity from many different directions and focusing on a specific earthly goal, one at a time, will be the way forward for me. I need focus, truly, and courage, and discipline. I think I have been apathetic on account of so much loss this summer in addition to a general trepidation I have about my ability to provide for myself.