Romantic or just platonic?

Jennalyn

Cups (Water) and Pentacles (Earth) are both slow and passive elements--as is the High Priestess. I would read this trio to say this man feels an unspoken connection (High Priestess) and emotional bond (Queen of Cups) to you, but will move forward steadily and platonically for the time being (Page of Pentacles.) He is not yet thinking about you in a romantic way, if ever he will. But if he eventually does develop those kinds of feelings it will take a good amount of time for them to grow.

So, right now: platonic.

Edited to add:

Is he currently involved with someone else? That queen in the middle could be someone who stands between you two at the moment...someone he may be keeping secret from you (High Priestess.)

Amazing. Yes, I found out he is in a relationship. He hasnt mentioned his girlfriend to me at all, which has puzzled me somewhat as we are friends and do share a bond. From what I know they have been together for a number of years also. I think she is his first gf as he is still quite young.

Jennalyn

He may feel more like a child, immature or clumsy (Page of Pentacles) in relationship to you as a mysterious, spiritually-oriented, imaginative woman.

Interesting! This would make sense. He's seven years younger than me and we do have quite a few conversations that center around spirtual things and a shared creative goal.

Jennalyn

Do you or does he have any children? For me the page of pentacles always means that my children come first and will always influence the relationship.

No children as far as I'm aware!

Jennalyn

"Just" platonic?

When Plato discussed relationships (and I assume that's why we attach his name to these things), he said (and I paraphrase, the book is in the other room), that the highest bond between two people is a true meeting of minds alongside a meeting of bodies.

That doesn't sound like a non-sexual friendship to me, it sounds like a relationship where people actually like, respect and know each other on more than just a sexual level. We should use Plato's name to describe the relationships he described, not a non-sexual friendship - what's wrong with saying "just friends"?

Good point, Nisaba, thanks! I hadn't thought of it that way before but it makes perfect sense!