Death as relationship outcome

greeneyed9

I have started dating a guy 3 weeks ago. Things are less than ideal already. I feel like I am more interested in him than he is in me.

However, the chemistry is extremly strong when we are together, probably stronger than what I felt for anyone in years.

I keep doing repeated CC readings on this. And I have gotten Death as a final outcome more than once. It is impossible to ignore - I feel like it means that the relationship will end and end forever.

My questions are, does Death mean that he will end it with me? Will it hurt?

When I was seriously hurt in the past, I would get cards like 3 of swords or 10 of swords. Never Death. That's why I am wondering what this means in this context.

I am also finding it next to impossible to keep seeing him now that I know that things will inevitably end. I have been doing tarot readings for myself for years, and when I keep getting repeated cards like this, well cards have ALWAYS been right.

Any thoughts?

Glass Owl

You may enjoy reading through this thread...

Death as a Relationship

My initial thought when I read this was that it represents the end of something within your relationship, perhaps it is signaling the end of the "honeymoon" phase in your relationship. At any rate, your relationship is changing, a cycle is coming to an end and a new one is beginning.

Your post highlights why I dislike outcome card positions in relationship spreads. I usually throw out that position or alter it. I think that the word "outcome" is just too vague -- what outcome is the card referring to? What point in time is this particular "outcome?"

Death could be a could mean a range of things in this position especially when you look at the other cards such as the two of you breaking up and never speaking again (end of relationship), breaking up and staying friends, going from casually dating to being exclusive, getting married (end of your single lives), divorcing (end of a marriage), or living a long life together "until death do you part."

Basically if you want to look past this point in time you may want to be more specific. Plus, remember that the future isn't set in stone and the further you try to look the more likely that things can change and alter that energy flow.

Miss Divine

In all the readings I've done for myself and others, Death in the outcome position in relationship readings always meant the end of the relationship.

It's never been the ending of a fase in the relationship...No, it was the end of the whole relationship, period!

hopena

Death hasn't always indicated the end of a relationship - last week, I had that as an outcome, and the person in question contacted me this week, wanting at least resolve things (pleasantly), but gave no indication of wanting things to end.

starrystarrynight

It could mean that the relationship will change you profoundly (whether or not it "dies") and/or that in order for it to continue, the relationship, itself, will have to change profoundly.

Glass Owl

starrystarrynight said:
It could mean that the relationship will change you profoundly (whether or not it "dies") and/or that in order for it to continue, the relationship, itself, will have to change profoundly.
hopena said:
Death hasn't always indicated the end of a relationship - last week, I had that as an outcome, and the person in question contacted me this week, wanting at least resolve things (pleasantly), but gave no indication of wanting things to end.
I had this card show up repeatedly for a relationship that had been affected by a major change. Due to this event the foundation of our relationship changed and how we relate/view one another had to follow suit. Yes, a faucet of the relationship ended but a new one began... and the new one wouldn't have been possible if the other hadn't ended. The relationship didn't "die" -- it was transformed into something different.

gregory

greeneyed9 said:
I keep doing repeated CC readings on this.
Why do repeated readings ? You have the answer - however you interpret it (It sounds like some huge change in the relationship, to me.)

Maybe it is also saying STOP ASKING and get on living ?

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic!

greeneyed9 said:
I have started dating a guy 3 weeks ago. (snip) I keep doing repeated CC readings on this. And I have gotten Death as a final outcome more than once.
It's only been 3 weeks, yet you've done "repeated" readings on the relationship. Could the Death card be directed at you to stop reading on the relationship instead of being the outcome of the relationship? Has enough changed in the relationship in a 3 week period to warrant "repeated" readings on it?

Death represents an ending of one phase so that a new phase may begin. The ending that needs to occur could just as easily be for you to stop inquiring about the relationship and just let it be what it will be as it is to be for the relationship to end or for one phase of it to end so that another phase can begin.

Rodney

willowfox

Yes it will end but it won't hurt if you don't struggle, so don't try and fight the inevitable outcome.

Sayonara

greeneyed9

I am doing readings because I am terrified of getting hurt. There are red flags here that are hard for me to ignore. I have posted a reading in readings section on what I should do.

I genuinly feel that I should walk away from this before getting in any deeper.

At least Death is not as bad as some other major heartbreak cards that I have already mentioned.