Stalked by Strength

BeccaBoo

At present I am being stalked by the Strength card. More often than not it is either in the spread or the quint card when I add up all the cards- sometimes both. I do not really know what to make of it.

I am engaged to a man, but often question if I should be or not... Do a spread on it- strength shows up in some way.

There is another man I have a strong connection with but as long as I am with my current guy nothing will happen (I am not that kind of woman) and if I do a spread on whether or not to at least come clean to him about how I feel Strength comes up in some way again (usually both as a quint and in the spread in this case).

If I do a spread focusing on me Strength usually shows up again.

This particular card is both my soul and personality card so I don't really know if that has something to do with it, or if my cards are screaming at me to grow a pair and speak up.

Any thoughts? I am literally stumped.

EmpressArwen

I would usually say the Strength card in a relationship spread would be a good omen...as in a very strong union. It's a little hard to say without other cards to round it out. But, strictly non-tarot interpretation. Never get married with hesitation. If you have doubts, voice them...it's not to say just end things but why would you suppress yourself? You will regret pushing down your voice. Speak up...with love and kindness, of course.

uruz

...Never get married with hesitation...

Sage advice right here. Your openness about doubts will only make things better for you and your partner. And at this stage in the relationship, such openness sets a good precedent for the years ahead.

As for Strength, it might be an indication of what you need. It is one of the four pagan virtues, the courage to do what is right. As a virtue, you can't have too much of it. I would say, as you indicated and EmpressArwen suggested, that gritting your teeth and talking about your feelings with the people they affect couldn't hurt.

MandMaud

Never get married with hesitation. If you have doubts,

Yep. What they said.

Strength could be about your fire being suppressed by your water - your gut knowledge, the understanding and "direction" that you didn't ask to know, but can't help knowing - suppressed by your feelings/emotions, your sense that acting can hurt people, your compassionate side. The two need to be in balance, though, they need to be equal partners, working together not against each other.

In things like this I tend to find myself saying, you already know the answer. Just listen: you do know. :)

BeccaBoo

Thanks for the input! We haven't started planning anything or set a date. We have barely spoken about it since he asked the question. In fact, he still refers to me as his girlfriend and not his fiancee. He has yet to tell his mother that he asked even. So it makes me think he is questioning it too. In regards to the cards that usually come up in readings regarding this particular man they are usually contradictory- cards that show fighting and animosities as well as cards that show happiness... Which really kind of resonates with how my feelings for him swing. It is at the point now where I am not sure if I am with him because i want to be or with him because it is what is comfortable. We have been together for 6 years now and just got engaged a few months ago. One of my main complaints about the relationship was that he never expressed any interest in getting married until I left him for a little bit (2 weeks) and then he lost his job so I moved back in with him to make sure he wasn't left high and dry and he said we could always run up to the court house and get married. Romantic, right? -.- Since then we have moved in with my mother because i could not pay all the bills and feed us all with just my income. So all of that boils down to this specific question: am I with him because I truly love him or am I with him because we have a 4 year old and I strive to give her normalcy? Hence the conflicted cards in whichever spread I do on our relationship.

The other guy is a great friend I met at work. I have always felt a connection to him and I am pretty sure he also feels it. When we moved in with my mom we had to move 1088 miles south, from Ohio to Florida. I never got the chance to even tell him goodbye because we had to leave in such a hurry (which is a long story, in and of its own right). He was busy getting ready to graduate college when my fiance and I were broken up so even if he wanted to start something with me, his schedule would not have allowed it. His brother (also a coworker) was talking to me as we were embarking on our drive and clued the guy in. I got a text message from him that said "you're leaving me :(". I was heartbroken by that question. Like, truly heartbroken. I sat in the car and cried for about a half hour while talking to him. I miss him terribly not even as any kind of romantic interest- just him, himself. Since that text about my leaving I have been up in the air about whether or not to spill my guts to him just to clear the air. I am afraid if I do this, however, he will stop wanting to even talk to me due to the awkward factor. Spreads on this usually seem to say that he won't react as negatively as I think, and strength usually pops up. However i am crippled by fears of ruining a perfectly good friendship over some possibly un-reciprocated elevated emotions.

When all of that is said and done Strength coming up makes a lot of sense. However, i have a hard time discerning what is being said in each scenario. I wish I could sit down and have a chat with that woman and her lion. If only the cards could physically speak, facepalm you and tell you 'you shoulda had a v-8', or something. Lol. That would be incredibly helpful, instead I am just a big ol' ball of confusion and doubt. Bummer. Lol

Sorry for the length on this post, I wanted to give a little more insight as to why I am so confused as my new stalker card... Also, it is my first time ever really being stalked this intensely by a card. Lol

BeccaBoo

Wow. I started my first response, took a phone call, then came back to 2 more responses. Lol. Anyway...

Maybe I should just talk to them. I don't want to hurt my fiance, but you are probably right. I know to be fair to him he deserves to know about my reservations, but I don't want to hurt him. He was far more upset by the 2 week hiatus than I was. :(

etherealtarot

In the Steampunk deck, the Strength card is represented by a woman who kneels down to take something out of a lion's hand. The once intimidating, frightening, animal allows himself to be vulnerable and let the woman hold his bleeding paw.

If I got this card in your situation, I think it would mean that you need to tell your fiancee how you feel. You need to kneel down and have the strength to talk to him one on one. Tell him the truth but do it gently.

By the way... our instincts are always correct. You say that you often question whether or not you should be engaged to the man you're with... this is because deep down you truly know this isn't the man you're meant to be with.

BeccaBoo

:( he is gonna end up hurt. I feel awful. I do think you are right about my knowing I am not supposed to be with him.

MandMaud

:( he is gonna end up hurt. I feel awful. I do think you are right about my knowing I am not supposed to be with him.

He's going to end up a lot more hurt if he ends up married to someone whose heart isn't really in it. Marriage = a long, long time.

Sorry to be so blunt. You needn't be as harsh with him as I am with you. :) In fact I'm very impressed how clear you are about your feelings. I wish I had been so clear when I was at the should-i-marry-him age. :)

It occurs to me that Strength is Leo, and Leo is self-expression.

BeccaBoo

The Leo aspect is something I never would have thought of! Thanks for the insight. And thanks for the both harsh and truthful words of wisdom. Though, I do not really think I am one to be proud of necessarily. If I were, I would not have wound up in my current predicament. :(