Seven of Pentacles

RaaD

Well i just want your opinion guys. Due all my research of that card over the years all points that the card symbolize a moment of resting, to catch your breath, to plan how to act further, to assess where you come from and what you want to do. Recently all i can see in the picture ( Reader Wait ) is that guy worried that the plant the the pentacles is falling apart and he does not know what to do about it. I never saw it that way before and this twists everything i know regarding the card. Now all the work is falling apart, and that guy is helpless to do anything to prevent the destruction happening to the plant with pentacles as fruits. Anyone have some thoughts or saw that card in this very same light and has some experience with it?

Thirteen

Name of the cards is "Failure" (Really!)

that guy worried that the plant the the pentacles is falling apart and he does not know what to do about it. I never saw it that way before and this twists everything i know regarding the card. Now all the work is falling apart, and that guy is helpless to do anything to prevent the destruction happening to the plant with pentacles as fruits. Anyone have some thoughts or saw that card in this very same light and has some experience with it?
Actually, this latest interpretation is closer to the real one than "resting" and taking stock. 7/Pents is a card about dealing with a long term project that, in these last, lingering stages, seems like it might fail. You're waiting and waiting for the fruit to come, but it's beginning to look like you might get none, even after a lot of time, patience and effort.

What you have to understand is that the 7's are cards of challenge, of overcoming something within you that is getting in your way, keeping you from developing. The 7/Wands is a man battling against others to keep things the way he wants them, investing all his passion in fighting to maintain position, which leaves him with no passion for anything else. The 7/Cups is a person who would rather invest his emotions in dreaming of what will be, rather than trying to make it happen. He either can't decide which dream should have the emotional investment, or fears that the reality will fall short of his dream, so better to put his emotions in dreaming. Of course, that means he ends up with nothing but dreams. And the 7/Swords is often about someone who tends to be honest, dealing with theft, or with the fact that honesty will be disastrous in this instance. He has to admit that maybe it'd be better to stop being so straightforward.

All these people are doing what they usually do. But it's not working, and they have to admit that. What the 7's tell us is that we need to re-think and try something different. That might include, by the way, accepting "Failure" (the name of the 7/Pents) and that what we tried will not work. That is the problem in the 7/Pents, the man won't accept that this has failed. He keeps waiting and hoping for the plant to miraculously pull through. Which is might, but one has to be prepared for the opposite. It's not happy card, but then, not all cards can be. And we'd all agree, I think, that it's important to deal, accept and learn from failure, if we can.

In the case of the 7/Pents, our farmer is going to have to accept it. Sometimes things don't work out. But that doesn't mean that all opportunities are gone. Maybe it's time to change what one is trying to grow. Or how one is trying to grow it. Or maybe it's time to admit that farming is not for you and try something else. Failure gives us a chance to dig deep and reflect on what we were after, why we wanted it, why it didn't happen and if we should try, try again...or try something else.

RaaD

Actually, this latest interpretation is closer to the real one than "resting" and taking stock. 7/Pents is a card about dealing with a long term project that, in these last, lingering stages, seems like it might fail. You're waiting and waiting for the fruit to come, but it's beginning to look like you might get none, even after a lot of time, patience and effort.

What you have to understand is that the 7's are cards of challenge, of overcoming something within you that is getting in your way, keeping you from developing. The 7/Wands is a man battling against others to keep things the way he wants them. The 7/Cups is a person who would rather invest his emotions in dreaming of what will be, rather than trying to make it happen. He either can't decide which dream should have the emotional investment, or fear that the reality will fall short of his dream, so better to keep on dreaming. Of course, that means nothing changes. And the 7/Swords is often about someone who tends to be honest, dealing with theft, or with the fact that honesty will be disastrous in this instance.

All these people are doing what they usually do. But it's not working. What the 7's tell us is that we need to re-think and try something different. That might include, by the way, accepting "Failure" (the name of the 7/Pents) and that what we tried will not work. It's not happy card, but then, not all cards can be. And how we deal, accept and learn from failure is, many would argue, far more important than success.

In the case of the 7/Pents, our farmer is going to have to accept it. Sometimes things don't work out. But that doesn't mean that all opportunities are gone. Maybe it's time to change what one is trying to grow. Or how one is trying to grow it. Or maybe it's time to admit that farming is not for you and try something else. Failure allows us time to reflect on what we were after, why we wanted it, why it didn't happen and if we should try, try again...or try something else.
The overview you are presenting is quite vast. It explains the card generally. Your explanation points that the farmer wonder. I however saw him disparate like i said, which differs a bit. Under disparate i see him unable to move determine to create the gardener which obviously is not working. What you have said points that the gardener have to change something because he wonders. When he is desperate he already tried tried the best but obviously is not working. What i am pointing is that the card may come as a sign, a warning of early stage of destruction which you can not control, rather than just a failure where you can say - ok lets try something else.

Seven is a number indicating difficulties which are beyond your control ( or at least is how i know it )

Thirteen

What i am pointing is that the card may come as a sign, a warning of early stage of destruction which you can not control, rather than just a failure where you can say - ok lets try something else.

Seven is a number indicating difficulties which are beyond your control ( or at least is how i know it )
I never said the person could control the difficulties they're in. They can't. Whether early or late, it is heading for failure. The farmer can't do anything about that. BUT the farmer CAN control how he takes that failure.

He can continue to stare at that dying tree in despair, or he can look up from it and maybe see other opportunities. That is what the card is about. Not that the farmer's tree is dying and there is no saving it, but that the farmer can't stop staring at it. And he needs to if he is going to survive this disaster; if he wants to keep his farm, he needs to stop thinking about the dying tree and find some other way of paying the bills, right?

The card says that other opportunities are still out there, meaning ways of surviving this. It isn't about why the thing failed, or about control. It's about the fact that if something does fail, for whatever reason, you cannot let that failure blind you. Otherwise you won't survive it. Does that make sense?

QueenPen

7 pents to me, means you have tried everything you know how to do and still got the dying tree. So, you are stumped, needing some guidance and new ideas. You are thinking hard about the perilous situation you are in, not willing to give in, yet, but not knowing what direction to take, either. You need patience b/c the situation will not change anytime soon. You will need to buckle down, continue to work as hard as you are now, and you may not see the results of all your hard work. You need to make a decision to continue to try and save a dying tree or maybe replant another healthy tree somewhere else. You have options to take, but it's up to you to decide what is best for you.

TheHighPriestess

I never said the person could control the difficulties they're in. They can't. Whether early or late, it is heading for failure. The farmer can't do anything about that. BUT the farmer CAN control how he takes that failure.

He can continue to stare at that dying tree in despair, or he can look up from it and maybe see other opportunities. That is what the card is about. Not that the farmer's tree is dying and there is no saving it, but that the farmer can't stop staring at it. And he needs to if he is going to survive this disaster; if he wants to keep his farm, he needs to stop thinking about the dying tree and find some other way of paying the bills, right?

The card says that other opportunities are still out there, meaning ways of surviving this. It isn't about why the thing failed, or about control. It's about the fact that if something does fail, for whatever reason, you cannot let that failure blind you. Otherwise you won't survive it. Does that make sense?

I really like your interpretations of the 7's cards. I think you hit the nail on the head for all of them.

This is my take.

I'd say the 7 of pentacles is about unfulfilled success rather than total failure. But the person in the card doesn't know that yet. He is someone who has his own set ways, who stubbornly believes that what he is doing is right for that tree to grow and start reaping fruits that he doesn't accept that it is going to fail,that it is likely to fail, that there are OTHER ways that will ascertain the harvesting of same fruits.That farmer doesn't want to use those ways, he stubbornly believes in what he is doing.7 of pentacles is Saturn in Taurus. Saturn is a slow planet and in Taurus, 7 of pentacles represents hard work, work that has been undertaken over a long period of time that may turn out to be an unfulfilled investment. The challenge is to acknowledge the mistakes he has made and to try to change things so that he gets what he wants, what he has worked so hard to get.

RaaD

7 pents to me, means you have tried everything you know how to do and still got the dying tree. So, you are stumped, needing some guidance and new ideas. You are thinking hard about the perilous situation you are in, not willing to give in, yet, but not knowing what direction to take, either. You need patience b/c the situation will not change anytime soon. You will need to buckle down, continue to work as hard as you are now, and you may not see the results of all your hard work. You need to make a decision to continue to try and save a dying tree or maybe replant another healthy tree somewhere else. You have options to take, but it's up to you to decide what is best for you.
Pretty much yes. You are speaking of maybe the person have to pit his energy in something else because the three is doomed as you said, wont change anytime soon or even if we are able to save it - does the effort justifies the results?

queenxofxwands

7 pents to me, means you have tried everything you know how to do and still got the dying tree. So, you are stumped, .

You know what, thats going to be my new personal meaning for that card, it resonated so well, because everytime i have had it come up, is when i have been completely stumped, thanks for sharing that :)

QueenPen

You know what, thats going to be my new personal meaning for that card, it resonated so well, because everytime i have had it come up, is when i have been completely stumped, thanks for sharing that :)

Your welcome!

ravenest

Well, there are two ways of looking at it IMO.

Failure is a failure .... dont try to save something that isnt going to work. But dont be negative about that as one wont learn the lesson.

I like to see it as a maze. Some might not realise its a maze, they go down a corridor and get to a dead end. Not much point sitting there and lamenting in one's failure and saying 'Its hopeless'. The other approach is to REMEMBER ; ... first left and second right is a dead end ... okay, I will incorporate that into the map I am building up.

Its about failure ... not destruction.