STAR- Dream coming true or BS?

danieljuk

I think the idea about dreams/ hopes /wishes comes from that Disney idea about the star 'when you wish upon a star'. Thirteen is really true about what she wrote. This card is not an Ace, it's not the seed of something really but it is the hope after the awful destruction of the Tower. It gives us hope, our wish or dream coming true but you are right, it doesn't say it will!

I have two experiences of it which are interesting. I was going through a really bad depression some years ago and decided to pick up my tarot after just putting it away for over 10 years. It kept throwing up the Star over and over again. It gave me hope at a difficult time. It's a wonderful card for health and recovery. But in another instance I went on holiday to a place in the UK which was really remote. It was in a forest and there is no mobile signal and it was really cut off. I looked at the sky at night and saw all the stars! The stars show us the way to guide us, but do we follow them or not? it doesn't mean we get what we want but it's possible we could. It's a wonderful card of hope, especially if you are in a difficult place :)

GotH

Visualising a brilliant brightly burning blue-white star above your head is a pretty cool meditation ( and feeling ) - not too far above .... just .... within reach ;) .
Love the visual of this. I'm going to try it really soon. Thanks raven. :)

I think the idea about dreams/ hopes /wishes comes from that Disney idea about the star 'when you wish upon a star'. Thirteen is really true about what she wrote. This card is not an Ace, it's not the seed of something really but it is the hope after the awful destruction of the Tower. It gives us hope, our wish or dream coming true but you are right, it doesn't say it will!

I have two experiences of it which are interesting. I was going through a really bad depression some years ago and decided to pick up my tarot after just putting it away for over 10 years. It kept throwing up the Star over and over again. It gave me hope at a difficult time. It's a wonderful card for health and recovery. But in another instance I went on holiday to a place in the UK which was really remote. It was in a forest and there is no mobile signal and it was really cut off. I looked at the sky at night and saw all the stars! The stars show us the way to guide us, but do we follow them or not? it doesn't mean we get what we want but it's possible we could. It's a wonderful card of hope, especially if you are in a difficult place :)
Daniel.. Yes, this is what I've always thought of the Star card really. Just a hopeful card but not necessarily saying that our goals are within reach. Nothing is a guarantee of course BUT..... I really am going to hold on to those first 3 replies on this thread. :) Thanks Daniel...

Thirteen

So this is a- you can do it, you can get there but keep focused card.
...AND you must be in it for the long haul. That's important, too. Immediate gratification is not a part of this card ;)

This is what makes it especially hard when doing readings for those who ask about getting the person they're with (or want to be with) to marry them or change for the better, etc. The Star pretty much says: "How long are you willing to wait?" It's not impossible. It can happen. But if you want it now...you're outta luck.

GotH

...AND you must be in it for the long haul. That's important, too. Immediate gratification is not a part of this card ;)

It can happen. But if you want it now...you're outta luck.

This makes me think of the term light-year. The distance or measurement to the stars. :) It would take awhile...

ravenest

Guiding light

.... and if you are not there right now ... at least you are heading in the right direction.

Thirteen

This makes me think of the term light-year. The distance or measurement to the stars. :) It would take awhile...
Hahaha! Not that long, one presumes (unless we're going at the speed of light). The reading is for the person and their wish after all, not that of their great-great-great-grandkid :joke:
.... and if you are not there right now ... at least you are heading in the right direction.
Nicely said! :)

GotH

Hahaha! Not that long, one presumes (unless we're going at the speed of light). The reading is for the person and their wish after all, not that of their great-great-great-grandkid :joke:
Well it sure as heck is going to feel like it! Especially if one is waiting to get jiggy with someone. :joke:

nisaba

I know, I know surrounding cards dictate the outcome or deeper meaning of it but as it stands alone, what's your honest opinion on it?

I take it as advice. It tells me to maintain an optimistic attitude, and always have goals that are almost out of reach that I'm focussed on to make life meaningful and to give me something to strive for.

nisaba

For me the star card is more like aspiration.
it is something we see 'up there' that we want to grasp, something to emulate, something that gives us hope. A guiding light that leads us forward.
I see it as a sign of hope and health.
In a way, it is a symbol of the human spirit , much can be achieved, but not just on our own, but through the principles and understandings and forms in nature.
<aghast> Do I find myself agreeing with Ravenest?

Whatthehell, even he must have good days. A round of applause to that man! You described exactly how I feel about this card.