Seven of Swords {Career}

Daylin

Hi,

This is something I've been wondering for a while. Every time I've had a career/financial opportunity crop up and I consult my cards, the Seven of Swords inevitably appears. I know this means deceit in some sense but I can't figure out why at all. I'm certainly not looking to fool anybody while looking for a career, and it doesn't make sense that every employer to contact me would be a hoax, too.

Maybe I'm being too literal? Thanks for any help ~

rwcarter

The 7 Swords could be speaking to your need to creatively use your mind where your career/financial opportunities are concerned. One such creative use is deceit, but there are many other creative uses too.

Thinking about the RWS image, the back story I like to use is that the guy knew that his forces couldn't beat the army that's in the tents. So if you can't beat them, even the playing field. That's a creative use of his mind and of the resources he has available to him.

Rodney

Daylin

Ah this is actually something I hadn't thought of before! I feel like it's very insightful. Thank you, it makes more sense now uvu

RaaD

Seven of swords may asks you to you a balanced portion of trickery and deception. Sometime people needs to e lied, and sometimes a lie is necessary to push through.

Cenozoic

I can only think that perhaps it means to make yourself appear/act differently than you normally are. For example, maybe you'll wear more professional clothing and be more formal and confident, trying to convince them that you can do the job. This can feel deceptive because you're not acting as you normally would.

ana luisa

I wonder what deck you used as the image could help a bit. But as far as the card itself, to me it's a solitary card. It means that whatever you do to get the job, will have to be done in silence and you my not find anybody to help you out. You're on your own, so to speak. Also, it shows spreading the word about it will NOT be beneficial. Keep a low profile, do whatever you need to do (send resumes, letters, applications) but do not share too much. Also, knowing when to leave or give up. Another good definition for this card is STRATEGY/PLANNING. Does it ring any bell ?

Sar

Don't sign anything.

Strenght

Hi,

This is something I've been wondering for a while. Every time I've had a career/financial opportunity crop up and I consult my cards, the Seven of Swords inevitably appears. I know this means deceit in some sense but I can't figure out why at all. I'm certainly not looking to fool anybody while looking for a career, and it doesn't make sense that every employer to contact me would be a hoax, too.

Maybe I'm being too literal? Thanks for any help ~

People generally make their employment history and whatever sound much better and more glamorous than it is. It is not actually lying, it is just like 'cosmetics'. 7 of Swords can advise you to think what the employer wants and adjust yourself accordingly... Just to apply a strategy, and to be smart to benefit yourself. And yes, keep it to yourself as 7S is a solitary figure, and he can keep things to himself. Sometimes that is the best policy.

Metafizzypop

One of the meanings of the 7 of Swords is research and investigation. In this regard it makes sense to have it come up when you ask about career and finance. The card is telling you to do your homework, to do research, and to look into things carefully before you do anything with your money or accept a job offer.

detroit_priestess

To me, seven of swords can also be a card of passive protection or anticipation. The character is gathering the swords- but to what end? Possibly in preparation of another, yet unknown battle?

I personally keep a file of proverbial 'gold stars', 'pats of the back', etc.
While it's not necessarily 'sneaky' it is 'gathering swords' after a battle in preparation for a rainy day or a time when the evidence may come in handy.