Questions about others in the Celtic Cross spread

Passing Cloud

Lovely readers, I have a generic question for you. In a Celtic Cross spread how is one to allocate 'ownership', so to speak, of card positions in questions of the type 'what does x think/feel about me'? For example, do the first and second cards still refer to the querent's present situation or to the other person about whom the question is asked? Is the core of the spread still about me asking about the other person or is it a window into the other person's inner world? I'm kinda confused, so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

WalesWoman

Asking if what someone feels about someone else is better for a one card reading, rather than a whole elaborate, confusing Celtic Cross... that is only my opinion.

There are countless threads with the consensus, that you do the reading about you, in relation to you and what you can do (or not do) to improve your chances and skip the reading minds part, since hopefully, we are the only ones who can control our own actions and feelings.

But that aside, at the onset of the reading decide who the reading is about and read the cards that way... if you are reading about someone else, then it's all about them, not you. Still there are much better spreads to get a better idea of how someone ticks in the Tarot Spreads section or make up your own.

Thirteen

The Celtic Cross isn't the best spread for some questions

Lovely readers, I have a generic question for you. In a Celtic Cross spread how is one to allocate 'ownership', so to speak, of card positions in questions of the type 'what does x think/feel about me'? For example, do the first and second cards still refer to the querent's present situation or to the other person about whom the question is asked?
As you can see, the CC is not the best spread for this question. In fact, though readers use it as an all-purpose spread, it's really only good for very particular questions, and it's usually best, if you intend on using it, to tailor the question to suit it, rather than trying to fit it into the ill-fitting questions :D The question best suited for CC's is: "Where is this situation going?" questions, where cards about the root of the situation, the past/near future, what others think, etc. make a lot of sense. The spread gives an overview of situations, where the person is now, what's in their way, what will be, etc. if things stay as they are. And this helps them decide if they want to leave be or make changes.

There are other spreads, relationship spreads, made for "how does X feel about me?" or "how does Y see this?" For example, I know of one where something like five cards are put down, and those to the left are all about how the querent sees the situation, while cards to the right are all about how the other person sees things, and the one in the middle is how things really are. A spread like that (and like I said there are many), allows both reader and querent to get a good comparison contrast of how both sides view/feel about the situation/person. It tells them why the other person is acting how they're acting, and what they should do different, etc. Very useful.

Hence, my answer would be to go to the spreads section and find a spread better suited to such questions, a spread that keeps it very clear how someone feels about someone else. That said, if you really want to use the CC for this, then you would do best to alter the question a bit. So, Let's be honest: usually when someone asks "how does X feel about me?" what they're really asking is: "How can I get X to feel the way I want them to feel about me?" ;) Which is a much better question for a CC spread. Now there's less confusion about the first two cards: #1 is the querent in the present, how they are feeling, looking and being--this gives them an objective look at themselves, and how the other person probably sees them; and the second card is what is standing in their way of getting the other person to feel however they want that person to feel for them; which may be a personal problem (they're shy) or may be some other issue (the other person has a boyfriend/girlfriend).

Past would be the how feelings were between the two in the past, near future how it would be feelings between the two in a month or so. Root of the situation is why the other person feels this way, and outcome would be how the other person is feeling and will feel about the querent if things don't change. The spread might not as clear on what the other person is feeling toward the querent at the moment, but it would be very helpful in letting the querent know what they must do to change feelings in their favor or just keep them in their favor.

Does that help?

Passing Cloud

Wow, thank you both very very much! I really appreciate it. Your suggestions make perfect sense. WalesWoman, my first intuition, too, was to take the CC as referring to the other person but you're right that I'd better look at other spreads. And, Thirteen, I take your point about honesty ;) However, may I say you've done an exceptional job making the CC fit the situation! Now I'm going to try both other spreads AND your version of CC. Happy days... Thanks again! :)