Solar Eclipse opposite North Node

sparkle99

Hi,

Is there any significance to a solar eclipse opposite your NN? The last solar eclipse in April was in the 5th house opposite my natal NN. I've searched to try to find something/anything and am coming up empty!

Thanks!
Sparkle

Ronia

There is little on eclipses opposite/on the node, I've been thtrough this search myself. If it signifies something.. I've had an eclipse conjunct my NN already. I can certainly tell that certain beginnings were either taking place at this point or being planned with clear intention, therefore life changed or was about to change. However, I have to say that at the time I was in a New Moon solar return AND a progressive New Moon period (which of course sets the tone for many years to come), a rare coincidence. As with any astrological aspect in transits, in my opinion, few of them will deliver real life event if not supported somehow - solar, progressions, directions (with some exceptions like Saturn who, in my opinion, always delivers, Jupiter often does, Mars too, depending on the personal chart).

In short, I don't think the eclipse itself would have been enough and because of my New Moon aspects I can't say that the eclipse set the beginning of a new period in my life BUT I do think it helped.

sparkle99

Thank you for your reply. I had originally thought it would be significant, but I guess it's hard to say. I also have progressed moon in the 5th house, but it's been in that house for one year already. I had met someone almost a year ago(romantic interest), and then we "met up" again out of the blue @3 months after the eclipse. I thought maybe the eclipse was a factor in our meeting again- hoping for more, thinking it was on the right course being connected to my NN. It felt like it could be the start to something, but things have been stalled/ halted for now.

Thanks~

Ronia

I also have progressed moon in the 5th house, but it's been in that house for one year already.

Yes, we all have progressed Moon somewhere. :) I was talking about a progressed New Moon which happens only about once every 29 years, like the Saturn return. Because of this I wouldn't venture to say that an eclipse on my NN would be more significant, more so since I was in a New Moon solar return as well. The progressed Moon also depends on how you read your progressed chart. I read it separately from the natal, others read it with the natal. meaning that I don't know if your progressed Moon is in the progressed 5th or in the natal 5th but regardless, without aspects, I doubt she would deliver events. progressions set the tone for many years, so I'd rather expect the themes of the 5th to become more important to you for a while.

On another thought, the eclipse being opposite your NN simply means it will be on your South Node. Depending where the SN lies in the chart you may want to see which of the themes of this house you'd like to get rid off as the eclipse would be helpful in such a task, being on the SN.

sparkle99

Well, I don't think I know much about a progressed "new" moon! :(
My south node is in the 5th house so the eclipse would have been right on the south node as you explained. Now this is interesting because this person has been the only person who reminds me exactly of a long lost love many many years ago.

Ronia

The progressed New Moon is, like all new moons, a conjunction between the (progressed) Sun and the (progressed Moon). Because they move so slowly, it happens rarely.

Well, that makes sense with the former love of yours and the resemblance, doesn't it? Very SN like. The problem with the eclipses is I don't think they do much more than shedding light on things. Like you realize this person reminds you of someone past but it doesn't really bring an event. However, they are useful energy in realization of all kinds of things.

sparkle99

Well, that makes sense with the former love of yours and the resemblance, doesn't it? Very SN like. The problem with the eclipses is I don't think they do much more than shedding light on things. Like you realize this person reminds you of someone past but it doesn't really bring an event. However, they are useful energy in realization of all kinds of things.

True- but I " knew" this the first time we met 1 yr prior. It just felt even more confirmed at that time. Astrology is just so fascinating!