Baba Studios Mythical Creatures Tarot

FaintlyMacabre

I think I'll see how it looks in 2018 in color.

Diana

gregory

I'm bored now. I don't do facebook - it's a nasty place where people insult other people all over the place, with no suggestion of modding until someone threatens the law. I just read about a FAB case in the US where a public prosecutor used facebook to publish lies to corrupt a MURDER case already in court - luckily he was caught and fired. It's plain noxious and I take very little that I hear about that's said there seriously.

I shall wait and see what shows up in the store - if anything. And then see if I want it (probably) and if I can afford it (very likely not.) There's not much point discussing a deck we haven't seen and which those of us who prefer to stay out of that place probably won't see for a long time.

starlightexp

In looking at the picture that's up on FB it does look very very line art heavy... and that's unusual for them. I'm not sure how they are going to color it but if done right it would be spectacular. There was talk on there about doing some hand painting which also is different for them. So interesting that so many people are moving into unillustrated pips and hand painted art again these days. I'm usually not a fan of there decks but this one I could see myself buying depending on how it goes,

Michellehihi

I'm bored now. I don't do facebook - it's a nasty place where people insult other people all over the place, with no suggestion of modding until someone threatens the law. I just read about a FAB case in the US where a public prosecutor used facebook to publish lies to corrupt a MURDER case already in court - luckily he was caught and fired. It's plain noxious and I take very little that I hear about that's said there seriously.

I shall wait and see what shows up in the store - if anything. And then see if I want it (probably) and if I can afford it (very likely not.) There's not much point discussing a deck we haven't seen and which those of us who prefer to stay out of that place probably won't see for a long time.

totally agree!

SharonRA

In comparing my Baba Studio decks to the mass-produced decks I've acquired over time, I'd have to say that the Baba decks are of the highest quality and worth every single dollar spent. Personally, I'd rather save up my pennies and spend $80-100+ on one of Karen and Alex's superb quality decks, than buy 4-5 mass produced cheap quality decks with the same amount of money. You can feel the love and attention to every little detail they put into their decks, and I'd rather have one awesome deck over even a dozen adequate decks. :)

In order to afford to make such superb decks, they need to charge the higher prices, otherwise, they'd been living on nothing and eating bread for breakfast, lunch and supper. lol Of course, that's just my opinion, I know others feel differently, but I have zero complaints about their pricing.

Genna

I agree, SharonRA, when I want a SERIOUS reading, I go for one of my Babadecks. Before it was Prague; now it has been Alice for some time, because that was the Baba deck I happen to have with me, but it still gives the best readings of the decks I´ve got here
It did a funny thing for me lately; the box sat on the table, and i was doing a reading with another deck, when the Alice box jumped up, did a turn in the air, and fell on the floor upside down. And I hadn´t touched the table. Never saw anything like it. Did it mean it wanted me to read with it, or someone else wanted that?

Things are pretty bad, and I guess this can have something to do with the phenomenon.

nicky

It will be interesting to see how monochrome works for MRP. The cards so far look great and fwiw I have stopped loving those glaring colored decks people are making. Perhaps they will set a new trend.

reall

I have a strange feeling I was recently looking bnw images for this deck thinking it looks interesting and wonder how will they color it but can't remember where i've seen it?x,x
I'm sure it's not a fb,,, and I was checking their web recently so is it possible they had this announced somewhere with preview img and then removed that page?x,x facepalm :))

gregory

Oddly enough I had the same feeling - when that image was posted here, I could swear I'd seen some of the work before and fancied it....

ETA I LIKE them monochrome. Why colour them at all ? Adds to the mythical feel.

madhatter00o

I have a strange feeling I was recently looking bnw images for this deck thinking it looks interesting and wonder how will they color it but can't remember where i've seen it?x,x
I'm sure it's not a fb,,, and I was checking their web recently so is it possible they had this announced somewhere with preview img and then removed that page?x,x facepalm :))

Yes, I feel like I saw it before and signed up to hear news regarding the deck. I've not received any emails from them, though :/