Touchstone Tarot Kat Black

greatdane

:) Padma....two of us....

I don't do facebook, and I don't have an ipad, I just do real physical decks, so I was especially thrilled I am getting this deck!

It was a "unicorn" deck to me. I think some of us have those, decks that are oop and/or just expensive we don't think we can likely get. So getting this one is a wondrous surprise!

MoonGypsy

I don't do facebook, and I don't have an ipad, I just do real physical decks, so I was especially thrilled I am getting this deck!

It was a "unicorn" deck to me. I think some of us have those, decks that are oop and/or just expensive we don't think we can likely get. So getting this one is a wondrous surprise!

i don't do Facebook or apps, either...gotta feel those cards in my hands--
vibrationally/energetically...
The delicious tactile sensation of shuffling...

Nemia

I LOVE the Touchstone. I sometimes have a problem when I know the art used in a deck too well (I'm an Art Historian by profession, specialized on medieval and Renaissance painting... so it's simply my job to know Bronzino and Giorgione), but for some reason not in Kat Black's decks. She really uses the art so cleverly - both respectfully AND creatively. These portraits speak, I can really hear their voices when I look at the deck. And the changes and image manipulations used by Kat Black are always enlightening, intelligent, beautiful. They really go with the spirit of the card AND the work of art. I'm full of admiration.

I love both the Golden and the Touchstone. Two very different decks, each with a strong character. They hold together very very well (often a danger in collage decks - either the whole decks is somehow inconsistent or each card falls to pieces before our eyes) - and they're easy to read.

I recommend both decks and I'm happy that the Touchstone is available still. A great deck, one of my favorites.

delizt

She really uses the art so cleverly - both respectfully AND creatively.

I think that is what drew me to her Golden in the first place and now the Touchstone...I really dislike when a "classic easily recognizable" image is put into a deck unchanged...it's so hard for me to get past it...

her collage work is seamless as well, and those faces, well I just can't wait to work with this deck!

Padma

They hold together very very well (often a danger in collage decks - either the whole decks is somehow inconsistent or each card falls to pieces before our eyes) - and they're easy to read.

Nemia! I LOVE the way you put this, especially what you said that I put in bold :) Exactly! Most composite decks are poorly put together, there is no flow. But what you said is the exact feeling of what it looks like as you gaze at them...And yes, these decks hold tightly together!

Wow, you have a great way with words! :love:

greatdane

I usually do not like composite or collage decks

but yes, the Touchstone just flows...it is in a class kind of by itself as far as images and the way all fits so well.

I CANNOT WAIT to get this deck! I still can't believe it's still floating around in the tarotverse at that price! I don't think it will last long at Tarot Garden. I can't believe there are only a few of us who wanted it and don't have because the cost has been so prohibitive.

I hope ALL ATers who really want this deck, jump and get it before it's gone....and the price skyrockets yet again.

greatdane

Just an fyi...I checked and Tarot Garden still saying

IN STOCK.

I'm overjoyed I have coming my way as I've never had one!

FLizarraga

Hi all,

Does anyone use this deck? How do you feel it compares to her Golden Tarot? For some reason, I never really looked at it before now.

However, I just found the Kunati Edition on Tarot Garden (for a reasonable price!!) and am suddenly taken in by it!!

FWIW, I think Tarotgarden has kept it in stock all these years. I got my first copy from them, and the second from a lovely ATer --wasn't it you, MoonGypsy?

It's a very different deck from the Golden, a deck all closeups. And, like Nemia said, the art is a lot better know than the Golden's, and even some of the people portrayed (particularly English royalty, so that can be a little distracting.

The art, being more realistic than the flat medieval art of the Golden's, sometimes resists being collaged; there are a couple of heads and hands that seem not quite to belong where they are at, and one of the pages appears to suffer from a broken neck, but I'm nitpicking, really. It's a wonderful, wonderful deck.

nisaba

Hi all,

Does anyone use this deck? How do you feel it compares to her Golden Tarot? For some reason, I never really looked at it before now.

I haven't got the Golden, so I can't compare them, but I picked up the touchstone in a trade train and I really like it. It's warm and comforting.

Krystophe

For anyone who is interested in this deck there's a thread on it in the Tarot Study Groups subforum that's worth perusing.