FAVORITE of the POCKET DECKS that are out

greatdane

This is a thread not about decks you WANT as a pocket edition, but ones that are already out there and available.

Have a FAVORITE?

Mine is the Morgan Greer. This isn't my favorite go to deck, although I like it a lot, but it is my favorite in pocket size.

I love because the original was borderless and had large images, the images on the pocket are still so EASY to see.

I like the blue of the backs better. The deck just seems a bit...toned down. The original is GREAT, but I like that this isn't just a smaller version, but different stock, lighter backs and, oh yeah, the TIN :).

SO for a POCKET deck that is out...what's your fav so far?

Alta

The Smith-Waite Centennial deck in a tin is my personal fav. Although I really liked the full sized deck, the pocket version in a tin just knocked it out of the park for me. I like the size, the colour scheme and the cardstock.

greatdane

Well, the original size IS my fav deck, Alta :)

That is my go to deck. I will admit as a pocket deck it isn't my fav mostly because it's harder for me to see the images. The stock, tin, everything else is great.

I just didn't pick it because these old eyes have an easier time seeing the images in the pocket Morgan Greer :).

I am glad it's your fav and I am pretty sure lots of others love it too. Now, if I could just see those images....

Barleywine

I don't believe I own any tarot decks in "pocket" size because . . . well, I don't carry decks in my pocketses. :) I do have Pixie's Astounding Lenormand in a tin but that doesn't count. If pocket tarot decks are similarly sized, though, I'm not sure I'd like them, and don't really have a reason to own one. So I guess I'm just cheering from the sidelines here.

Le Fanu

Is it just US Games because I think the pocket Victorian Romantic and (in close second) the pocket Bohemian Gothic are probably my favourites?

I had them out last night in their snug little boxes - not tins but nicely sturdy - and they really are exquisite and I keep forgetting to remind people that I love them so!

HearthCricket

The Halloween Tarot in a Tin. I absolutely adore it. I carry one with me year round, in my purse. It always gives excellent readings, is reader friendly for all ages and types, and cheers me up, reminding me of the long holiday season when the rest of the year can seem drab in comparison!

Patrick Booker

I don't have many of these, but I got one about a week ago - the Golden Klimt. I like it - 10 cm x 4.5 cm. I also like the tiny Soprafino. If you want to spread the cards out in large mandala patterns, these versions are handy.

Patrick

Le Fanu

I don't have many of these, but I got one about a week ago - the Golden Klimt. I like it - 10 cm x 4.5 cm. I also like the tiny Soprafino. If you want to spread the cards out in large mandala patterns, these versions are handy.

Patrick
oooh, careful! Those are minis. The Klimt may be called pocket but it's essentially the same size as LoS mini decks, and the Soprafino - well - it's a bit doll's house-y for me. Those cards are very small. Pocket decks I find useable, the minis tend to cascade from my large hands when shuffling :(

Padma

I have no pocket decks, because I like a deck with substance, even though I have small hands. I need to really *feel* I am shuffling. Oh, darn, wait - I guess I do have one pocket deck, on second thought, and in a tin, though I never use it - the Golden RWS. I don't like the deck much, it was a gift though, so I keep it - but don't use it.

I *do* wish normal sized decks came in tins too, though. They'd be so much easier to take with me when I travel :)

Barleywine

I have no pocket decks, because I like a deck with substance, even though I have small hands. I need to really *feel* I am shuffling. Oh, darn, wait - I guess I do have one pocket deck, on second thought, and in a tin, though I never use it - the Golden RWS. I don't like the deck much, it was a gift though, so I keep it - but don't use it.

I *do* wish normal sized decks came in tins too, though. They'd be so much easier to take with me when I travel :)

I have a couple of lidded tin boxes that gift wallets came in. They make perfectly serviceable deck tins, even if they do say "Nautica" and "Pierre Cardin" on them.