90s Original Waite card stock

The 78th Fool

Concerning the Original Rider Waite, I have a 1993 Belgium copy which is wonderful but I have to say, the new 'Printed in China' copies are lovely too. I bought one a couple of years back and I use it as my standard working deck when turning to the Original RW. The card stock is thicker and the colours are gloriously rich. The cards have a satin finish and shuffle very easily. My printed in Italy copy tends to get treated as an archive curiosity these days. It's too washed out and yellowish plus the high gloss lamination is distracting. Thank god US Games didn't keep their production in Italy for too long.

Thoughtful

l have a yellow box Rider Tarot and it is really too glossy and smelly. Is it possible to get a more matte version of a Waite tarot that stays true to pixie's drawings and caligraphy. l do have a Universal pocket size clone which has a lovely slight sheen to them. Would love to have that finish.
Maybe what l am wanting would be in an older and hard to get deck. How does the Centennial compare is that less uber shiny and smelly.
Thanks all :)