1 deck; 1 warning!

Myrrha

More of an Advisory than a Dire Warning:

Those kitties in the Medieval Cats Tarot are a languid and superior bunch, not above poking fun at hapless questioners. For example I once pulled a card before bed "to dream on" and those kitties gave me the Four of Swords! I could hear them drawling "just go to sleep already" one eye rolling in gentle contempt. Sometimes they deign to share information but usually in a slightly condescending tone (although they do seem to love gossip).
So this deck might not be suitable for those who mind a slight cuff to the head with a velvet paw.

Fiver

I got a pretty bad papercut from my zombie tarot. I've been feeling ill ever since....

Brains!!!!!!!

giustizia

Another one worth the mention might be the Hanson Roberts. I don't think I have ever had a positive, upbeat reading from this deck. Infact I tend to stay away from it now.

The deck looks whimsical, light and colourful - but it doesn't read like that. It is a strange one.

Woah, the same thing happened to me when I tested the deck out online! I was looking for a new deck and had generated some free Celtic Cross spreads just to get a sense of how the card images would flow together. Every deck I had tried out up to that point had been very smooth and some were even uplifting... and then the Hanson Roberts showed up. I initially brushed it off, but after reading your story I suddenly remembered just how sad it was. I wonder if a physical copy would have the same effect on me too.

RiverRunsDeep

Awesome thread!

A warning about a deck that I had been craving for for ages: the David's Tarot.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/davids/

Don't take me wrong. I still adore this deck. But it frightens me. It is the only deck that has managed to give me nightmares for nights in a row. It is SO visceral, primeval and RAW , it sticks its hand in your insides and brings out ALL the muck that has been lying there. As far as psychological advice, it is almost as good as a shrink. But some can't handle the muck.

Hmmm, I suppose I should not be so enabled for a deck that I have been
warned against! Help! What is wrong with me?? :laugh:

Both Deva and Yeager should have the following warning-

WARNING
May contain nuts- in thongs.

Love this!! :laugh::laugh:

WARNING: DEVIANT MOON. TEAR-JERKER ALERT!
This deck should come with a box of tissues for all the weeping that may occur!
Maybe it's just me, but this deck really pulled my heart strings. Many, many
emotional readings from this one.

Nemia

i´ve got the deck and two books (mirror of your relationship and mirror of your soul) and still i cannot find a way trought this deck. i guess am not ready.

thanks for your feedback. :)

Krakken - these two books are not worth the paper they're printed on. Do yourself a favor and buy either Sniffin's or DuQuette Milo's books. Both authors studied the works of the deck's creator and know to explain the background in a way that really unlocks it.

Deck warnings? Deck warnings.

The Art of Life tarot.

Lovely images, heart warming back story, interesting concept, high quality hardstock and beautiful reproductions of artworks you just have to love. The presentation with the ornate frame is a bit naff, but the idea behind is nice. See your card of the day or the week like a work of art. Quotations are added to each card.

WARNING:

This deck does justice neither to art (good art is able to stand alone without "apt" quotations and tarot archetypes) nor to tarot.

Stay away. You'll be disappointed, especially if you love art. It's impossible to conduct a reading with works of art that convey so many complex messages. You'll feel you're doing violence to them if you wish to filter out a specific answer to a trivial problem. And the quotations are simply embarrassing.

It's such an underwhelming overkill.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Krakken

Well, I've always been a sucker for mythical beings and creatures, so I knew a lot of the legends and whatnot already, which was really useful.

and that´s why you can do a reading with this deck. it´s like when you love cake and there´s a tarot of the cake waiting for you. that´s a good advice for new beginners ...Go with a deck "like you". dont pay attention to what´s new. (With a melody included)

About the solitaire experience... LOL :)

Krakken

Being new to Tarot, I would like to thank all for their contributions. I will now run for the nearest exit with flaming sneakers, screaming all the way should I ever see one of these decks mentioned.

haha wait ! dont run! there´s more.

If you already have one of those deck, just beware. dont hold yourself... every deck react diffrent to every person. but ... hanson-roberts... almost everybody agree about how weird its. :) or how chatty are tarot with cats in it ... or zombies=indiscretion . LOL-

Krakken

More of an Advisory than a Dire Warning:

Those kitties in the Medieval Cats Tarot are a languid and superior bunch, not above poking fun at hapless questioners. For example I once pulled a card before bed "to dream on" and those kitties gave me the Four of Swords! I could hear them drawling "just go to sleep already" one eye rolling in gentle contempt. Sometimes they deign to share information but usually in a slightly condescending tone (although they do seem to love gossip).
So this deck might not be suitable for those who mind a slight cuff to the head with a velvet paw.

People dont get that if you play cats you might end it up scratched. i guess tarot with fancy cats on it wouldnt be an exception. :)

Krakken

I got a pretty bad papercut from my zombie tarot. I've been feeling ill ever since....

Brains!!!!!!!

Sending a letter to lo scarabeo for "Vegan zombies tarot", now!

Krakken

WARNING: DEVIANT MOON. TEAR-JERKER ALERT!
This deck should come with a box of tissues for all the weeping that may occur!
Maybe it's just me, but this deck really pulled my heart strings. Many, many
emotional readings from this one.

Everybody needs to drop some tears sometimes, its good for the body. Deviant moon will really help you to be in contact with that sensible side that every tarot reader has. even when the querent is gone, deviant moon keep making you kind of "gloomy"...