spread for predicting or manifesting Good News!

choirqueer

obeygravity asked me to do a Good News reading, and I got the idea for this spread which I used for that reading.

1 2 3 4
---5---

1 - Good news for today
2 - Good news for the week
3 - Good news for the month
4 - Good news for the year
5 - Good news for your life

I got the idea from a journaling exercise I've adapted from a book called 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself -- the exercise has you draw 4 circles ("today", "this week", "this year" and "my whole life") and draw something to represent your goal or something you're wishing for in each of those time frames. I like to add the fifth "this month" circle because "this week" and "this year" feels like too big of a leap.

So, there are two ways (and maybe more I haven't thought of!) that this spread might be used. One would be to predict the good news, by drawing cards from the deck as usual. The other way would be similar to how the journaling exercise works -- you would choose cards from the deck deliberately to represent your goals or wishes, lay them out before you, and then you could focus on the images, using meditation or journaling or whatever practices you like to use to manifest your goals/wishes. So if my goal for today was to start cleaning my apartment (HA!) I might choose the Ace of Pentacles, or if my goal for the month was to take control of a particular situation I might choose the Emperor. The exercise as presented in the book suggests that you can choose different goals every day if you like, or if your goals never change you can keep the same ones. Personally I like to choose new ones every day. ;-)