Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Pam O

Tansey Ella said:
Lefanu, you mentioned a trade train. I am trying to trade my konXari cards and The Fallen Angels deck. I am wanted to trade not sell, but may be forced to just sell. Where is trade train thread?
Not sure if you are a member, but if you are, or if you sign up to be, then you can put them up "for trade" in the "Tarot Trading" area.
Lots of people offer trades up there (in addition to sales offerings).
Best wishes.
http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Belinda2

Belinda2 said:
I heard that they were not trading on there right now,in maybe a month I am not sure, everytime I go on there all they do is chat, no trading seems to be going on? Guess I was wrong it is happening in about two weeks.
No I am not, thinking about 35 US just have not done it yet.

Pam O

Belinda2 said:
No I am not, thinking about 35 US just have not done it yet.
I understand. Did you know about the 6 month membership?
20.00 AUD = 21.4870 USD
Maybe that would work better for you?
I am happy to support such an incredible site. I really appreciate having AT to play on and connect with other Tarot enthusiasts. I even won the Blue Moon Tarot in one of Solandia's contests and that was very cool. There is also the very popular "Personal Readings" area where you post your readings and get insight from others. This is a very interesting part to the forum that you also get access to.

Anyway, best wishes.

ETA: I also found that the Aeclectic "SEARCH" function did not work if I was not logged into my membership...or maybe it just looks different?

Belinda2

Pam O said:
I understand. Did you know about the 6 month membership?
20.00 AUD = 21.4870 USD
Maybe that would work better for you?
I am happy to support such an incredible site. I really appreciate having AT to play on and connect with other Tarot enthusiasts. I even won the Blue Moon Tarot in one of Solandia's contests and that was very cool. There is also the very popular "Personal Readings" area where you post your readings and get insight from others. This is a very interesting part to the forum that you also get access to.

Anyway, best wishes.
Thank you that is food for thought, have a nice night!
Belinda

cardlady22

Trade Train

Tansey Ella said:
Lefanu, you mentioned a trade train. I am trying to trade my konXari cards and The Fallen Angels deck. I am wanted to trade not sell, but may be forced to just sell. Where is trade train thread?
The Pub/chat thread is where we "hang out" waiting for notice that all trades have arrived. And yes, it is quite more "chat" until a Train actually gets set. The sign-up thread for the one that will happen shortly is here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=158037

ETA: It is the closest thing we have to a "lending library" for decks. You take a chance on something you see, and if it doesn't do well for you; then you just put it up on the next Train.

lasciel

MysticalMoose said:
I Am One - Makes me think of Aliens

It's BAD that likening a deck to Aliens gives me a strong desire for a set of the cards :D

Personally, I'm so glad that I got rid of the manga tarot, I just couldn't read seriously with it. I'm not much for cartoonish decks, though.

That being said, at the other end of the scale I got rid of the Renaissance deck because I found it too serious, not detailed enough, and lacking in imagination.

Barleywine

Since I fixed my attention on the Thoth deck when I first started in the early '70s and never looked back, I haven't bought many decks. "Regret" may be too strong a word for what I feel for my less sublime acquisitions (Magickal Tarot, Mythic Tarot, Yaeger Tarot). Bart Simpson had a better word: "meh." That said, I did buy a small-format USGS edition of the Thoth Tarot that I could have done without, considering I have two sets of the large-format Weiser-distributed edition. The promise was that the original colors were restored and corrected, unlike my somewhat muddy-looking versions. I had to agree that many of the cards look much brighter and clearer (and I did get a couple of also-ran versions of The Magus in the bargain), but after that initial revelation I just didn't care. So no, no regrets here, just a pecking order of preferences that will most likely continue if (or maybe I should say when) I buy more decks. I might regret not having enough shelf space for all the ones I don't use, though.

Crescent

Oh i have a few im sorry i bought....
Tarot of St Petersburg
Bottocelli...

ah, just look on my profile, the ones i am sorry i bought want new homes.. LOL

AnneMira

I thought so too at first, notwithwstanding that due to great publicity it was the best seller of the year. Put it away, disappointed. But then I gave it to the EMO daughter of a dear friend of mine who adores it and is learning from it, and I no longer regret a single cent of it!

I don't think that, in the longer term, there will ever be a deck I regret buying - occasionally I might just be a stepping-stone to their final home.

Fantastic point. I so agree. :)

AnneMira

Also, not sure if this fits the topic, but although I LOVE some decks, there can be a card or two that RUINS it for me. For example, I completely adore the World Spirit tarot, but the artwork on The Sun card bothers me.... so much.... :-/