Change of Season Decks

greatdane

I am already looking forward to Fall and thinking about decks I want to use. My Anna. K is calling, but so are the Bohemian Gothic and as always, the PCS Commemorative deck.
When summer draws to a close, which will you be reaching for more?

nisaba

I haven't thought of any of my decks as seasonal in the whole of the deck, although I have a number of decks which have seasonal influences in the different suits.

I'm more likely to think of my decks as age-related: some babies, some immature, some adult, some mature, some ancient. :)

Miss Divine

I tend to use my favorite(s) deck no matter what season it is. If I do use a different deck, it's because of the mood I'm in, not the season. :)

RunningWild

I've been thinking about this the past few days. The air is getting crisper. The nights are getting cooler and, as far north as I am, the leaves on some of the trees are already beginning to change color a bit. I thought about the decks in my collection and considered changing them around for use. But no, not yet, one deck still has my complete attention. Maybe by October I'll take out those decks I keep just for the fun of it, like the Halloween, or the Zombie Tarot.

Juliana

I think the Wild Unknown will be a perfect fall/winter deck for me. Although I haven't been able to put it down this summer either, so using it will be nothing new. But it definitely feels more suited to the fall/winter to me.

greatdane

Well whether because of Season or other Reason

When our mood changes, isn't it grand to be able to pick up another deck for a bit of a change? :) I agree that one doesn't just discard some decks because a season changes, my PCS Commemorative is my go to, as is my Anna. K, but sometimes when it is darker earlier, the air crisper, the leaves rustling outside and I have a hot cup of tea or cocoa or cider, yes, it's fun for me to peek into my bag and pull out a deck that has been patiently waiting it's turn.

Richard

As the lovely season of Fall approaches, I'm gravitating to the CBD, which is more colorful than the Grimaud.

delizt

but sometimes when it is darker earlier, the air crisper, the leaves rustling outside and I have a hot cup of tea or cocoa or cider, yes, it's fun for me to peek into my bag and pull out a deck that has been patiently waiting it's turn.

This sounds lovely!! I never really found a "autumn" deck for me, but I'd love to!! I'm going to have to go through my decks and see which fits, I'm sure there's one!

Closer to Halloween, I love the Boho Gothic, Mysteries of the Old Castle, Place's Vampire, and the Vamprye but those aren't "seasonal" to me, more of when I am in the "gothic" mood

I want the "crispy leaves and cider" kind of deck! The number one choice seems to be the Anna K, but I never could "gel" with that deck....off to look for others!

Terrapin

Both the Wild Wood and the Sacred Rose decks, although very different in their art, feel very end of summer/autumn to me.