Lenormand Story - one or two sentences

empress's dress

Freyja of V and Sonia Doris have inspired me to start this Lenormand game.

Borrowing Freyja of V's RULES almost word for word, because why improve on something basically perfect.

You draw 2 cards. And based on those 2 cards and an overactive imagination,
you add a sentence to the previous player's sentence to create an on going story.

Be as literal or as imaginative as you want. Feel free to add characters, fictional places, etc...

I will try my best to keep track of the story just as Sonia Doris and Freyja of V do so well.

Let's play!

I'll start:

Tree - Coffin

Johnny was very near cracked up. He was thinking about hanging himself like a strange fruit.
(sorry for the macabre beginning, but those cards!)

empress's dress

Lily - Stork

The closest tree he found was blossoming, all white flowers as if it was covered in snow, and it smelled like summer will be there soon. He felt his mood brighten up a bit.

cross - book

and suddenly the delicate scent from the tree wafted towards him to tell him that he is not anyone's matyr but a person with an unknown story and the tree is not a cross but a tree. and being the contemporary man he is he decided to become a brand and write a memoir.

empress's dress

the Book, he knew at once, needed to be written by typewriter or by his own hands (if anybody could read it), and on specially handcrafted paper. The story of his family needed to be told, no detail should stay in the dark.

cards?

road - letter

on the road had already been written, but he knew this book was destined for canonic status anyway. it was only a matter of time before it was finished. he told all his friends on social media about the imminent release. he hoped by doing publicity on his facebook page he would pique the interest of a publisher.

empress's dress

Sun - Cross

it became quite obvious that he needed to add the tale of sol invictus - the invincible sun, in order to create a truly uplifting story.
So to say the father of all stories.

woman - key

and there had to be a woman in the story. because what's a story about a man alone without a woman he thought. she had to have some kind of purpose. this book became his life partner and supplied him with endless riches. it was going to be a fictional story now. his real life had not been uplifting and there was no woman.

sweetcherise13

Mountain - Flowers

The woman resides somewhere out there, it is hard to get to her. Johnny needs to overcome various obstacles, inward and outward difficulties get in the way. But once he get there, she'll greet him with her charms.
As beautiful as a woman can be. More beautiful thanks to the efforts it takes in order to get there.

Ring-Man

Johnny, realizes the challenges will be great but he is committed to seeing this through. The chain of events that lead him to this point were meant to be, karmic in a way.

empress's dress

Ring-Man

Johnny, realizes the challenges will be great but he is committed to seeing this through. The chain of events that lead him to this point were meant to be, karmic in a way.

mountain - dog

he told himself he would come to her rescue and present himself as her only friend in the world as she was there alone and forgotten on the mountain (not understanding that she might not need to be rescued). he said to himself her name is fidelia. she is isolated, probably doesn't even have enough food and water. she is in need of me he thought. but she wasn't in the story directly. this was problem. and he thought of dante's beatrice and he felt at ease about her place in the story and in his heart.