Help me choose my first Lenormand Deck!

BeyondtheVeil

Edited to add- I went with the suggestions of the really beginner decks. l bought the Blue Birds Lenormand and Under the Roses for now. I still have my eyes on Chakra Lenormand and the Celtic Lenormand.

** I think the BlueBird Lenormand was much better for a beginner as the Under the Roses I didn't seem to gel with although very pretty. I bought the Chakra Lenormand and currently awaiting on the Chakra Lenormand as I think that will be my main lenormand reading deck to learn with..

Hi Everyone!

I have been wanting to try my hand at the Lenormand for awhile now. I have decided to take the plunge and buy my first deck.

I am looking at the Dreaming Way Lenormand Deck and the Fin De Siecle Kipper Deck.

Which one do you think would make a great first deck? I like the photos on both and not familiar with any other. I like this style, etc. Let me know what you think and if you have any others that would be great in this style.

I haven't even studied the images yet, so the deck is truly my first learning Lenormand.

Thanks so much for your help! :heart:

I am open to other decks.. please leave links to them for me if you have them. Why you like them, etc.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

DownUnderNZer

Get something simple that is not distracting to the eye and I'd highly recommend not to get any with written verses. E.g. Blue Owl/Piatnik.

I saw a picture of "Fox" for "Dreaming Way" and I do not think it depicts it so well for the "real meaning" behind it. That is just me. A woman with a fox fur around her neck and shoulders. You would have to pay me $1000,000 to use that deck with just that card alone in it! :bugeyed:

What would you think it meant just looking at it?

A woman that likes fashion? Materialistic? Cruelty to animals? Fake? A classy fox like woman.

The WOMAN should not be in it is how I see it as she diminishes the meaning of FOX like: Cunning, deception, police officer, nasal etc etc etc.

I think cards with just the MAIN IMAGE are better to work with than cards that have A LOT going on in them.

I would say the same of other Lenormand decks if they had pictures like that, so it is not just about the "Dreaming Way".

DND :)

DownUnderNZer

"Fin De Siecle Kipper Deck" is Kipper not Lenormand.

A cousin to the Lenormand and it has it's own set of meanings with the cards. More people cards as well.

Different systems although each has 36 cards.

snowmoon

hi, i have Dreaming Way Lenormand .

it is better to use simple image of the deck, so Dreaming Way Lenormand is not good as a simple image.

when other people see my daily draw of the snake card image, it shows a woman with snake on her body. she told me, where did you get the jealousy meaning? i thought it was woman card!

something similar to blue owl deck, the image is simple and easy to read.

i like the fortune lenormand cards, but the size is big.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4576161903/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o6_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grizabella

I wholeheartedly recommend the Gilded Reverie Lenormand by Ciro Marchetti. It's beautiful, classy, and just a gem to use.

The Fin de Ceicle is Kipper and different from Lenormand like another person said. I have it, though, and love it. It's by Ciro, too.

I also have two small versions of these two decks. One is the Mystical Lenormand and the other is the Mystical Kipper. They take up less space if you're doing a Grand Tableau with limited table space, while Ciro's Kipper and Lenormand are larger. I don't use any other Kippers or Lenormands than the ones mentioned because I don't collect Lenormand or Kippers.

BeyondtheVeil

DND

Get something simple that is not distracting to the eye and I'd highly recommend not to get any with written verses. E.g. Blue Owl/Piatnik.

I saw a picture of "Fox" for "Dreaming Way" and I do not think it depicts it so well for the "real meaning" behind it. That is just me. A woman with a fox fur around her neck and shoulders. You would have to pay me $1000,000 to use that deck with just that card alone in it! :bugeyed:

What would you think it meant just looking at it?

A woman that likes fashion? Materialistic? Cruelty to animals? Fake? A classy fox like woman.

The WOMAN should not be in it is how I see it as she diminishes the meaning of FOX like: Cunning, deception, police officer, nasal etc etc etc.

I think cards with just the MAIN IMAGE are better to work with than cards that have A LOT going on in them.

I would say the same of other Lenormand decks if they had pictures like that, so it is not just about the "Dreaming Way".

"Fin De Siecle Kipper Deck" is Kipper not Lenormand.

A cousin to the Lenormand and it has it's own set of meanings with the cards. More people cards as well.

Different systems although each has 36 cards.

Great.. but you didn't even offer one suggestion on a deck lol Which deck would you suggest then?

Thanks!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Snowmoon

hi, i have Dreaming Way Lenormand .

it is better to use simple image of the deck, so Dreaming Way Lenormand is not good as a simple image.

when other people see my daily draw of the snake card image, it shows a woman with snake on her body. she told me, where did you get the jealousy meaning? i thought it was woman card!

something similar to blue owl deck, the image is simple and easy to read.

i like the fortune lenormand cards, but the size is big.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4576161903/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o6_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It would be for my use, so I am not worried about what someone else thinks about it as they won't be 'seeing" it. If that makes sense.

I couldn't find that as the link is not in English. Thanks for trying though! {{HUGS}}

So.. you like the Blue Owl deck? Is the Fortune Lenormand just a basic one not the name?

Thanks for responding! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Grizabella

I wholeheartedly recommend the Gilded Reverie Lenormand by Ciro Marchetti. It's beautiful, classy, and just a gem to use.

The Fin de Ceicle is Kipper and different from Lenormand like another person said. I have it, though, and love it. It's by Ciro, too.

I also have two small versions of these two decks. One is the Mystical Lenormand and the other is the Mystical Kipper. They take up less space if you're doing a Grand Tableau with limited table space, while Ciro's Kipper and Lenormand are larger. I don't use any other Kippers or Lenormands than the ones mentioned because I don't collect Lenormand or Kippers.

I have seen the Gilded Reverie Lenormand. It is very pretty. Thank you for your suggestion! :heart:

So, are you able to read the Gilded Reverie Lenormand even though some other people think the pictures are too pretty/busy/etc?

What do you think about the Dreaming Way? I really like those pictures and since I don't know the meanings anyway.. I'm assuming they come with at least a LWB?

I'm assuming that one doesn't read with intuition with the Lenormand but with set meanings that never change?

Thanks again for the suggestion and for responding! {{HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil

DownUnderNZer

Is English your second language?

E.g. Blue Owl or Piatnik.

Maybe Maori might be better for you: "Puru KouKou".

It would be for my use, so I am not worried about what someone else thinks about it as they won't be 'seeing" it. If that makes sense.

I couldn't find that as the link is not in English. Thanks for trying though! {{HUGS}}

So.. you like the Blue Owl deck? Is the Fortune Lenormand just a basic one not the name?

BeyondtheVeil

snowmoon

BeyondtheVeil

hi, the lenormand cards, there is English version of it, try fairy-tale fortune cards,

i don't have blue owl, i have similar deck of it.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51+VtWYn+wL._SX381_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg