Crow's Magick Tarot

Logiatrix

I really like it. Animal themes seem to attract me; this portrayal of birds and other critters is very fresh and unique.
The book is a "must read" for understanding the deck, IMO.
:)

Crowqueen

When I saw this one in the shop I immediately pounced on it, only to be disappointed with the predominance of black in it and the gothic feel of it.

I may well acquire it - particularly for the magick aspect - but I am not sure it looked to me to be an easy reading deck for me personally, as I work best with better imagery at the moment (whether Rider-Waite or otherwise) and am only beginning to expand to encompass decks without illustrated scenes. I'd rather spend my money on Thoth at the moment...but of course I'll have to get a Crow's Magick Tarot, even if only for the crow symbolism!

Shadow Wolf

I like this deck. I find it gives very accurate readings. It's a bit on the mystical side, but I like that.

petegrey

Crow's Magick and Shamanism.

What drew me to this deck initially was simply the crow and the symbolism the crow carries. On further exploration, I was very excited to discover that the cards are all decorated in a predominently animal fashion. This deck IS done with a lot of black, but it doesn't neccessarily mean that is has a black, or dark FEEL to it.

In fact, if you are familiar with the different traits assigned to animals on the cards (Animal Speak by Ted Andrews would be an excellent reference, in addition to the available Crow's Magick book), then you should realize that this deck carries just as many positive messages as the potential negative-like any other deck.

Using this deck in conjunction with Shamanic Work or Journeying would provide an excellent experience. You could use it with clients or yourself to help build/enhance relationships with their power animals.

I personally really enjoy this deck and use it for readings frequently. Besides all the rest-it just feels good in my hands.

redflash

I have liked the look of this deck for a long time but I have deliberately not bought it because I knew I wouldn't be able to read with it. But now, as I've learnt a lot more, & have started developing my intuition more, I know that I will be able to read with it. So it has gone on my wishlist. Unfortunately, I am backlogged with new decks waiting to be used, I had a huge spending spree & now I have to stop buying for a while ! A long while, in fact. :(

Hemera

I have had this deck for several years now and I like it very much.
It´s a bit weird though.. I never use it but I know I could never part with it either. Maybe some day I´ll find out why..

damo

I used this deck for the first time a week and a half back.I was using it in an self-insight kind of thing. I found that the cards in the spread if studied reveal themselves through words coming to the conscious mind (maybe it was the cider?) that were highly accurate to the authors meanings. After the first night of looking at the spread I had intense dreams both good and bad.Over the last week the meanings of the spread have filtered into my awareness and I feel Ive received some much needed grounding. A week long reading though..I am quite mentally exhausted from it.

Lillie

I rather like this deck, but I can't get into it.

I went out of my way to get the book for it, but I found it to be singularly unhelpful.

Part of the problem is that I don't know quite a lot of the animals, and others, even though I know what they are, I don't know what they are about.

I suppose this is because many of them are animals that are not found here in the UK, and whilst they may be very familiar to people in the US they are not familiar to me. I see the pictures and they mean nothing to me.

It's a furry animal.
And?
What does it do?
How does it interact with people?
How does it live?
Where does it live?
And what's it called????

I hoped the book would tell me some of this stuff, but it doesn't.
I was disappointed.
Though I do like the look of the deck I always feel that I am missing too much significant information to make it work.

It would probably be a lot better for someone who was more familiar with the creatures that are shown.

And there's not enough crows!!!!
I wanted more crows!

Lots more.

There are quite a few sort of silhouettes of flying crows, but that's not good enough. I wanted proper crows...

annik

I must agree that there not enough crows in this deck. There is a lot of birds but not enough crows.

Beside this, I think it is the most appealing deck made by the person who had done it. It is a deck that appeal to my mind, in a cerebral way. I haven't work much with it. But I really like to look at it.

Chiriku

Confounding

You know what interests me about this deck?

This is one of those decks that was omnipresent on both big box and small independent bookstore shelves (in the U.S.) for years and years--in fact, although its heyday in the chain store world has passed (the Angels have landed and supplanted many stalwarts of the past), I still see it now and then on the rare occasions I enter a metaphysical shop.

I assumed it was a solid seller, otherwise why would stockists everywhere make sure it was on their shelves?

Yet, despite a few people here who have recently gotten into the deck and mentioned it favorably, long-term users of the deck are very rare on the internet (and I've never met anyone in person, even when I was a fixture in offline tarot circles, who used this deck).

This deck falls into that confounding mystery zone of "Decks You are Astonished are Continually in Print." Unless it's not still in print and we're just seeing old stock that hasn't been sold, but even then---why did so many businesses keep that particular box on their shelves for so long, even as successive waves of new trends broke over the tarot industry (Celtic, neo-Pagan, Arthurian, Faerie/Fey, animals, ecological, shamanistic, angels....)?

I never seriously considered this deck even during the years that I would buy almost anything on the shelf I didn't already have. The samples on the box were enough to convince me I didn't need a black and dull, brassy-gold clip-art extravaganza in my tarot life.

Yet there is an undeniable pull--a power--to this deck, 90s clip art feel notwithstanding. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are thousands of people out there who actually picked it off the shelf years ago and absorbed it into their lives as their main reading deck---they just don't spend time on the internet talking about tarot. But I expect they're there. This deck seems to have major sticking power.