Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

SolSionnach

Hooked on TdM said:
Okay you just made that look way too easy! *goes off and grumbles into the astrology book*

Hooked

ROFL... you kill...
It isn't so much about astrology, as looking for number and suit relationships. I think. ;)

Bernice

The 3 Cups is in his (the quesited) 8th house. (8th house again...)
I don't think he would be averse to your contacting him - 'recieving from you'. I think he'd like it.

Bee

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
The 3 Cups is in his (the quesited) 8th house. (8th house again...)
I don't think he would be averse to your contacting him - 'recieving from you'. I think he'd like it.

Bee

I bet he would!
It's interesting how my 'disinterest' shows up in the spread. I'm still not certain how to look at a trump as the querent or quesited (Mel???), so I don't know if the connection to the ace/sword or the fool is a wrong number, or a working connection. lol

On the one hand, when I realize that he would love to hear from me, I'm tempted to email him... OTOH, when I remember what things were like when we were together, I realize that I really *don't* *want* *that*.

I also remember the second reading in this thread (IIRC) - where the passing from one party (him) to the other (me) indicated that he would be willing to work harder, but since there was no passing back, the other party (me, in this case) would not be willing to work as hard.

I'm still interested in the 3 batons mirroring the spokes of the wheel, too. In Enrique's method I'm sure that would be important - but I'm not so sure with Mel's cut-and-dried method. This way really appeals to me, because I'm a practical Virgo (with and AQ moon that's exactly qnx my sun - oh hell lol Leo Rising Sun in 2, Moon conjunct DC from 6, with UR conj asc from 12).

More later - I may do another spread on this same question: would our relationship be substantially different now? etc.

Melanchollic

sravana said:
I bet he would!
It's interesting how my 'disinterest' shows up in the spread. I'm still not certain how to look at a trump as the querent or quesited (Mel???), so I don't know if the connection to the ace/sword or the fool is a wrong number, or a working connection. lol

I'm still interested in the 3 batons mirroring the spokes of the wheel, too. In Enrique's method I'm sure that would be important - but I'm not so sure with Mel's cut-and-dried method. This way really appeals to me, because I'm a practical Virgo (with and AQ moon that's exactly qnx my sun - oh hell lol Leo Rising Sun in 2, Moon conjunct DC from 6, with UR conj asc from 12).

Hi sravana,

I generally don't 'pass' the 22 trumps, seeing them something like a planet in it's own rulership, so I wouldn't connect the WoF to the Fool or the Ace of Swords. That being said, I have been known to break my own rules. ;)

Same with the spokes. I generally don't put much significance on little design details like this, though this one is certainly interesting and may deserve consideration.

:heart: M

Bernice

Faery:...because I'm a practical Virgo...
Snap! Love the 'mystic', but gotta have my feet on the ground! Which probably explains why Mels method appeals so much :)

Bee

Bernice

Mel, can you clarify re. the Trump aspects?

Trumps: Like planets in their own rulership (Dignified, not Exalted). They can make aspects to other cards.

QUESTION:
These Trump aspects, can they be made to any & every card in the spread. Or only have their aspects assessed with cards that pertain to the Querent & Quesited, their passings etc.

i.e: Querent(1st) = a trump. Quesited(7th) = 3 Batons. King Batons in the Quesiteds 3rd House.

So, can the Querent (trump) make a valid aspect to the King Batons - Querents 10th House? (A square)

Hope this is clear....

Bee :)

SolSionnach

Melanchollic said:
Hi sravana,

I generally don't 'pass' the 22 trumps, seeing them something like a planet in it's own rulership, so I wouldn't connect the WoF to the Fool or the Ace of Swords. That being said, I have been known to break my own rules. ;)

Same with the spokes. I generally don't put much significance on little design details like this, though this one is certainly interesting and may deserve consideration.

:heart: M
Thanks for your reply Mel, I second Bee's question below - can you clarify how you see the trumps a wee bit? Are you back home yet?

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
Snap! Love the 'mystic', but gotta have my feet on the ground! Which probably explains why Mels method appeals so much :)

Bee
Jumping up and down: "What's your sign? What's your sign??"

:D

I find this method just so clear. I ordered a couple of astrology books, the Louis one on Horary, and Houlding's book on the Houses from a Medieval perspective.
I actually have lots of questions for this thread, basically wondering "if the question is X, which house is the quesited?" I'll get to those eventually.

Right now I'm working up my own elemental schema for the trumps from the Tirage en Croix thread, will post there later on. :)

I :heart: Mel's methods (is he a Virgo, too?), and I :heart: working with the Hadar for my IDS. :) :) :p

Bernice

OK Mel - out with it. Do you have some significant Virgo in your chart? Yea or nay would be sufficient.... :)

Bee

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Mel, can you clarify re. the Trump aspects?

Trumps: Like planets in their own rulership (Dignified, not Exalted). They can make aspects to other cards.

QUESTION:
These Trump aspects, can they be made to any & every card in the spread. Or only have their aspects assessed with cards that pertain to the Querent & Quesited, their passings etc.

i.e: Querent(1st) = a trump. Quesited(7th) = 3 Batons. King Batons in the Quesiteds 3rd House.

Bee :)

Well, I guess the answer is that a trump (major arcana) can accept aspects from any and all cards, but the only cards that would apply to a querent's question, and be considered meaningful would be 'passed' cards from the quesited's card (not the quesited's card itself). So if you have the WoF in the the 1st House, and the 3 of Batons in the 7th, you would not judge this as an aspect. If you have a King of Batons in the 9th House (quesited's turned 3rd), this would be judged as an aspect, here a trine. This is how I do it, anyway. Again, find what works for you. Just remember, for each 'idea' you borrow from me, I get one kiss on the cheek! :*

I have my Mars in Virgo in the 7th House. That's it. I think my systemized tendencies are due to Saturn in my 1st house.

:CL M