A Crystal Ball...

Embla

I have been trying to post pictures here of my crystal ball but I need to get the format right before the forum accepts my pics...

HC I am curious, what made you decide to purchase a helper to Miranda? Any specific reasons besides love? ;) Is it common to have helpers to your crystal balls? Can´t remember reading that anywhere, but maybe it is in Ted Andrews´book somewhere.

And how does the smaller size of Ophelia work for you?

Pumpkin

To resize your pictures try this. Resize the longest side of the picture to 640 pixels. The other side should resize automatically. It should be equal or less than 640 pixels depending on the shape.

Hope that helps. :)

HearthCricket

Embla said:
HC I am curious, what made you decide to purchase a helper to Miranda? Any specific reasons besides love? ;) Is it common to have helpers to your crystal balls? Can´t remember reading that anywhere, but maybe it is in Ted Andrews´book somewhere.

And how does the smaller size of Ophelia work for you?

Mostly because I was browsing the website and saw it and fell in love with it and a few others, but Miranda said get Ophelia..she is my sister. I love having two very different crystal balls. One that has a lot going on inside her and very talkative (Miranda) and another who is much more clear and will be an interesting challenge, yet lovely, still!

I haven't worked with Ophelia much, yet. Just as I started I got very ill, so when I am better I plan to have lots of time with them, both and will report in the divination forum under Crystal Balls Journals. Being sick and trying to scry just doesn't work well together!

Briar Rose

HearthCricket :heart:

I hope you feel better soon! It's the New England dampness that gets to me.

Feel better!

wizzle

Here's part of my collection of spheres plus my obelisks. Love obelisks!!

In this first picture, the larger dark sphere is made of labradorite. The smaller brownish sphere is a rutilated quartz, totally opaque but it reads well anyway. The labradorite sphere is about 75mm or 3". The other sphere is about 2.5". I purchased the lab sphere from Phoenix Orion (http://www.phoenixorion.com).

To give you a sense of scale, in the other picture, the large obelisk on the left is 13" or about 320mm. And the larger sphere is 3.75" or 100mm. I've had these items for about 12 years or so and they all came from gem shows.

I try to find interesting stands for the spheres. The stands meant for thick candles seem to work very well for the larger spheres. The glass stands shown came from TJ Maxx (love that store).

Much love. Such fun to be able to share with you.

Attachments

• sphere_collection 001.jpg
    sphere_collection 001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 133
  • sphere_collection 002.jpg
    sphere_collection 002.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 127

celticnoodle

ooh very pretty wizzle! i got my ball stand at TJMaxx too---mine is wooden and is actually meant to be a plant stand, but works perfectly with holding my ball steady. I love that store too!

HearthCricket

Those are lovely, Wizzle, and look so nice in the window all clustered together! Very pretty and inspiring look!

Cerulean

Crystals and herbs

I'm making sachets of these herbs:

1. Sage Flowers
3. Sage Leaves
4. Sweet peas
5. Rosemary/Lavendar
6. Rose petals

I took the crystals outside with cotton cloths, shells and the herbs gathered and photographed them near late afternoon.

1. Clear quartz with large moon/star silver necklace that I use as a stand for the heavy flourite--it's on a small clamshell and surround by herbs.

2. Blue mix of glass/crystal next to celestine and hematite Kwan-Yin for balance and peaceable feeling. Also on herbs, shells.

3. Aqua Japanese float with etched glass--seems clearer than the quartz, doesn't it?

4. Flourite with flowers...seems milky...on an abalone shell.

5. Best close up of Flourite with one view of it's 'hidden pictures' or 'trees. It spans the color range of soft amethyst to light, clear green. A booth at a festival where the owner hand-picks all her items...has a website...Serpent's Kiss...for the show, it was about thirty dollars. Really a great price for me.

Attachments

• clearquartz.jpg
    clearquartz.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 130
  • blueky.jpg
    blueky.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 125
  • aqua.jpg
    aqua.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 118
  • floriteflower.jpg
    floriteflower.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
  • flouritetrees.jpg
    flouritetrees.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 121

celticnoodle

Cerulean, what beautiful pictures! i grow my own lavender, sage, rosemary, and roses, and many other beautiful plants and herbs, and should copy you by taking a photo of my ball among them.

I've dried much of the herbs for cooking as well as for having them around for the aroma too. I've heard that dried sage is great for protection, so that is all over the place- dried. I do keep some sage in with my crystal ball as well.

your photos were gorgeous. You should frame them and have them up in a room, they are so pretty! thank you for sharing them.

HearthCricket

Well, the more the merrier! I ordered a smokey quartz sphere, and a few smaller quartz spheres, which I expect in a few days and will have to take some pictures of. I just loved Lark's gorgeous setup and am seeing spheres in a whole new light! :) I thought the smokey quartz would give me the chance to try out scrying against something dark, but not quite a solid dark as obsidian, so I am really looking forward to this one-even though it is quite a bit smaller than the others. I think it will have a very mystique look about it!