If for the last time you're to suggest only one deck to all ATers, which would it be?

EmpyreanKnight

Sort of like your valedictory deck advice to the readers of these forums. It can be a deck you find very much essential to any Tarot collection, one which you found personally indispensable, or just one that you've fallen utterly in love with, which has been your most trusted companion for quite some time.

I know it will be very difficult, but please give only one deck, alright? When people revisit this thread long after the Forum has succumbed to its endless sleep, it shall be the Tarot that people will associate with you. I've always wanted to ask this question, and I guess now would be the perfect time. :p

For me, it would be the Smith-Waite Centennial. Especially to those who do not have an RWS deck yet or who were turned off by the previously available versions. You'll be thankful that you gave it a chance. :) Do get the regular-sized version, tho the pocket Tin edition is available on the cheap right now for about US$ 10+.

So how about you?

Nemia

Tabula Mundi. It's richly steeped in tradition, innovative, coherent to an astonishing degree, beautiful and reads like a dream. It's a tarotist's tarot.

Falcor

Only one?!

You just broke my brain....*cries*

Bluefeet

Tarot of the Crone! A classic that recently came back in print, very dark yet powerful images, a new favorite of mine. :)

Penthasilia

Thoth- for so many reasons.

It was my first tarot deck, the 1986 AGM blue box, and I was taken away and have been in love with tarot since.

The beauty- I don't think there is much that can compare- some of the new re-boots are amazing, don't get me wrong. But there is something about the Thoth that will always be timeless.

As much as I love the TdM and other historical decks- the Thoth will woo you like no other.

So- yes, the Thoth would be my vote.

willowy

Sort of like your valedictory deck advice to the readers of these forums. It can be a deck you find very much essential to any Tarot collection, one which you found personally indispensable, or just one that you've fallen utterly in love with, which has been your most trusted companion for quite some time. What deck would it be? I've always wanted to ask this question, and I guess now would be the perfect time. :p

For me, it would be the Smith-Waite Centennial. Especially to those who do not have an RWS deck yet or who were turned off by the previously available versions. You'll be thankful that you gave it a chance. :) Do get the regular-sized version, tho the pocket Tin edition is available on the cheap right now for about US$ 10+.

So how about you?

Ok,well done,now I am crying.This is too sad,too final :( I'm going to miss this place...

The touchstone tarot by Kat Black,this is a deck that wouldn't of been without some kind person on here who funded it privately,I'd love to have known who so I could of thanked them.Its a magnificent deck.Detailed and full of depth.It really speaks to me.I love how everyone is looking out of the cards,just like they're going to say something.Its a magical deck.

lantana

Slow Holler Tarot. This deck still means so much to me as a queer southerner, and it's been amazing to see it touch the lives of those outside of that region and even outside the LGBT community. I know collaboration decks aren't everyone's cup of tea, but this deck is really well put together and has such an amazing feel to it. I honestly feel like it's a gift to this world.

I will say that this forum actually got me interested in the Thoth deck, so I think I'm going to go for it!

Beanfeasa

A Visconti
The Modrone especially, it is incredibly beautiful. A must for any deck collector or reader. A gem in any collection. Knowing where we came from is invaluable

DaughterofEarth

Shadowscapes.

Beautiful, intricate art work, especially suited for those who love soft, pastel decks featuring animals and nature.

Don't let its softness fool you though; this deck's wit is sharp like no other I've ever experienced. I keep going back to it because I learn something new each time.