Cosmic Tarot, XIX-Sun

paradoxx

The symbolisim is very close to the Rider Waite design with a few elements missing and a few more added. But first, it is the blonde child who takes the center stage, this time without a horse or a feather. Most of the card is day time, but the upper left and right corners show the starry night, makes sense, our sun is just another star in the universe. The flowers and bright colors give this card a warm welcome feeling, the child feels like he belongs there (the same is true with the Rider Waite Template) and the sky can turn a "negative" or "difficult" reading into one of hope and new beginnings. The most interesting part of this card, the roman numerals XIX are not present at all, this is the only major that does this, I assume it was unintentional which just makes it all the more estoric as time passes.

divinerguy

Is the bird just part of the lush landscape, or is there a significance that I'm missing?

paradoxx

It may represent freedom and independence

tink27

I had a most unusual day to day, and decided to choose a card from my Cosmic deck! How appropriate, it was the Sun card.

The unusaul thing about my day, is that I had to do business outside of the city to a quaint town about 30 miles away. My sensitivity was extremely high, and at certain points in the day, close to tears. Not tears of sadness but tears of compassion! Everything around me talked to me. The trees, the sky, the sun, the tall grasses moving gently in the wind. It was like I was attune to everything but it also made me extremely emotional.

At one point during my day, I felt as if spirits were around me. A hand touched mine, smaller and more delicate and it actually put a little fright in me. Two hawks (message from spirit) in two separate locations hovered up high around my car. I marveled at one, that had a little bird constantly around it....it seemed it either wanted to ride its back or just took glee in irritating it!

The sun was most glorious today, very bright and warm! Definitely the energy around me was as if I was to experience it as would a child........the heart of a child...a gift for sure.

Does this description of my day, perhaps go with an interpretation of this card? Was I to simply enjoy my day without trying to understand it?

I'd certainly love to hear other's thoughts on this. It was an unusual but otherwise beautiful day!

tink

paradoxx

I think your definitn of your day fits thsi card well, it is about enjoying life, and being one with your inner child. The emotions you felt might have been brought out by the moon as the sun and moon were close together in the sky during your adventure.

tink27

paradoxx said:
I think your definitn of your day fits thsi card well, it is about enjoying life, and being one with your inner child. The emotions you felt might have been brought out by the moon as the sun and moon were close together in the sky during your adventure.

Thank you for this paradoxx. I have been discovering more about me lately, and your explanation of the sun and moon so close definitely explains the sensitivity and warmth I was feeling this day.

Thanks,

tink

Oh paradoxx, I just took another looks at this card...there is a moon here! I didn't see it until you pointed it out! My gosh that is fascinating!

star-lover

a few mixed thoughts

the child is protected by his aura? that arch could well be imagined to be mirrored on the base of the card further down - his own world within the wider world is happy perhaps when it is dark outside he/she is happy anyway

the sun is centred over his head and it looks like the rays of golden sunlight are going into his crown chakra - perhaps this card is about spiritual protection, positive replenishment

the card reminds me of the style of some renaissance paintings regarding astrology - it could also be viewed as if the child is posing - its a portrait - the camera never lies and your true self is showing - perhaps the card means someones true colours coming out

the sun is a star and in astrology our core self and what we grow into and become as we mature - so this card can be saying you are on the right path, you are being true to yourself and fulfilling your potential so be happy whatever else is going on around you this will be a good day!

don't know what to make of the peak of the mountain being on this central axis as well - perhaps this card shows you your place in the world?your ambitions, purpose in life? i say this because the peak in your astrology chart is the MC angle and when the sun is here at noon it is at its highest/brightest

i think this card is showing your best abilities/talents, doing the very best that you can, a card of success and accomplishment

divinerguy

Is the child standing in a painted archway, or do we have encroaching night?