THE Facsimile of François CHOSSON tarot soon available

garmonbozia

Hi Yves,

I ordered a Chosson deck on Jan 18, but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or anything yet. Do you know if my deck has shipped yet?

tedglart

Thanks, Yves

Hi Yves
My two Chosson decks arrived as I was leaving for work, so I phoned in sick. Was that wrong?

Thank you so much for all your work on the Chosson and Madenie decks. When I look at the photoreproductions of these old decks I am shocked at how many decisions the designers of "cleaned-up" versions of the Marseilles have to make. And how many of those decisions I disagree with. It's so valuable to see the original cards in all their glorious ambiguity.

I know you have a preference for Marseilles Type II decks, but I wish you would apply your genius to the Dodal. The Dusserre Dodal is now virtually unobtainable and I'm surprised that no-one has tried to replace it. The work of Enrique Enriquez has directed a lot of people to Jean-Claude Flornoy's and Pablo Robledo's Dodal, so I would have thought there was a market for the original cards.

Yves Le Marseillais

Dodal facsimile

Hi Yves
My two Chosson decks arrived as I was leaving for work, so I phoned in sick. Was that wrong?

Thank you so much for all your work on the Chosson and Madenie decks. When I look at the photoreproductions of these old decks I am shocked at how many decisions the designers of "cleaned-up" versions of the Marseilles have to make. And how many of those decisions I disagree with. It's so valuable to see the original cards in all their glorious ambiguity.

I know you have a preference for Marseilles Type II decks, but I wish you would apply your genius to the Dodal. The Dusserre Dodal is now virtually unobtainable and I'm surprised that no-one has tried to replace it. The work of Enrique Enriquez has directed a lot of people to Jean-Claude Flornoy's and Pablo Robledo's Dodal, so I would have thought there was a market for the original cards.

Hello Tedglart,

I agree with you that there is a need for real facsimile of Historical decks such as Dodal and many other.

Just to have good sources free of any interpretation or changes.

Dodal Dussere is now very rare and too high priced for a facsimile.

And modern technics of reproductions and scans are better tools to get back as close as possible to the original deck.

My next deck in project won't be Dodal but who knows it could be the next after the next for exemple ?

I will feed you with my views here and in other places in due time.

Enjoy Life and your new tarot companions.

Best

Yves LM

Bertrand

A Jean-Pierre Payen would be so much better than a Dodal !
see you on tuesday ;)

garmonbozia

a Payen deck would be brilliant.

Yves Le Marseillais

Payen option ?

a Payen deck would be brilliant.

Hello Garmonbozia and Bertrand,

Yes Payen is a must have of course I agree.

Some made already Payen interpretation or restoration and nobody yet made a real facsimile.

In my opinion of collectioner, I like to accumulate things.... so why not having good restorations AND also good facsimiles ?

Scott made a nice restoration/interpretation for example. With a stronger paper it was perfect for me: My taste.
We need to stay open to good creators and artists but need also GOOD bases for historians, researchers and... collectioners.

Future is open and many changes will occurs by next 5 years let's say....

I bet that a number of good facsimile decks will comes up from various sources and publishers.

I will do my part don't worry. ;))

Best

Yves

Bertrand

Hello,

Scott made a nice restoration/interpretation for example.
I thought that Scott/Thinbuddha's Payen was a Jean Payen as the one that was also issued by Fournier.
What we definitely need is the Jean-Pierre Payen !

Bertrand

Yves Le Marseillais

In name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Hello,

I thought that Scott/Thinbuddha's Payen was a Jean Payen as the one that was also issued by Fournier.
What we definitely need is the Jean-Pierre Payen !

Bertrand

Ha ha !

Yes you prefer the father to the son:

Jean Payen is dated 1743

Jean Pierre Payen is dated 1713 but how to get an original such as the one of Alan Borveau ( a not yet alive great collectioner) ?

I think they have a copy in Issy Les Moulineaux Museum of Playing Cards.

Yves

Bertrand

The Jean-Pierre's deck seems more accurate yes.
I can't seem to remember if the Issy-Les-Moulineaux Museum has got a Jean or a Jean-Pierre, a Jean I believe, you'll check next tuesday ;) but anyway it's incomplete, and I don't know who is the current owner of the deck previously owned by Alain Borvo.

Yves Le Marseillais

I call my printer right now !

The Jean-Pierre's deck seems more accurate yes.
I can't seem to remember if the Issy-Les-Moulineaux Museum has got a Jean or a Jean-Pierre, a Jean I believe, you'll check next tuesday ;) but anyway it's incomplete, and I don't know who is the current owner of the deck previously owned by Alain Borvo.

Hi again Bertrand,

I checked:

In Issy they have a Jean Pierre Payen 1713 FULL DECK 78 cards....... Hum......

Only a Marseille guy is able to find this info hu hu !
What are doing PSG guys ?......

See you folk on Tuesday. ;)

Yves The Marseillais