RWS Correspondences - Sources?

Teheuti

I have no idea why the name Greer is associated with the Cinnabar Lessons. They are not mine!

I agree with LRichard - Case's book The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages is probably the book tgparker is looking for. It won't tell you about Waite's particular mystical philosophy (which isn't necessary for using the deck), but the information is excellent and will not take you far astray.

Lee

From searching online, it appears that the Cinnabar course is by Sara Greer, wife of John Michael Greer.

Aeric

Wang's Golden Dawn deck appears to be the modern one that followed Book T's descriptions almost to the letter. I can see where Waite referenced it slightly, such as the number of leaves on his Ace of Wands. Was he chastised by the group for deviating from the text, or were you allowed to flexibly apply the descriptions as you saw fit?

Teheuti

Wang's Golden Dawn deck appears to be the modern one that followed Book T's descriptions almost to the letter. I can see where Waite referenced it slightly, such as the number of leaves on his Ace of Wands. Was he chastised by the group for deviating from the text, or were you allowed to flexibly apply the descriptions as you saw fit?
Waite created his own deck - not an official GD deck. If anyone at that time thought he spoke too plainly of some of the secret GD attributes, there is no known mention of this anywhere.

The only publicly known GD deck from the original group is the Felkin Whare Ra deck. It's possible that both Wang's and the Cicero's (Regardie's) decks were based on the Whare Ra one - unless someone knows something different.

There's also a set of Court Cards attributed to Westcott that are slightly different than those of the Whare Ra. About half of the Majors (through the Hanged Man?) appear in Golden Dawn notebooks, as they were part of the initiation rituals.