Who would like a reprint, or a new edition, of the Rosetta?

FLizarraga

I am fortunate to have a copy of the regular size one, and plan to get the pocket with the tin soon, before it sells out.

But I find that ISO threads pop up all the time at the trading forum, and they rarely find someone willing to get rid of theirs. (I know they'll probably have to pry mine off my cold, dead hands.) And it's impossible to find on eBay or anywhere else, for that matter. Those 777 copies seem to have all found loving homes.

I know this would probably be imposing on Babalon Jones, who has since moved on to the Tabula Mundi (which I also have, by the way, and highly recommend). But I'm just throwing the idea out there to see what happens. Yes? No? Maybe?

feynrir

Emphatic YES. In a heartbeat.

More and more I realize how my reading practice has been shaped by the Rosetta. I have the tinned size one and it works well, but nothing shows off the bold colors and fresh, expressive compositions like the standard size does :)

Owl Song

Yes, I would love to see a 2nd edition of the Rosetta. It's just such a wonderful deck and Babylon Jones is one of the nicest Tarot creators out there -- not to mention being extremely hardworking and so knowledgeable about all things Thoth.

Only if it's something she wanted to do, of course, and would benefit her, too. But yes -- from a lucky buyer point of view, we can never have too much Rosetta Tarot in the world.

JylliM

ME! I just put it out there in the Deck of the Week thread, in addition to my nagging in the Trading forum, that I was looking for one to buy.

I've only had the app and the pocket version for a short time, but the Rosetta is speaking volumes, prompting me to dig deeper into the symbolism, educate myself, and generally grow as a reader and person.

daphne

Yes, of course, wonderful, tender deck!!!

and Babylon Jones is one of the nicest Tarot creators out there -- not to mention being extremely hardworking and so knowledgeable about all things Thoth.

Only if it's something she wanted to do, of course, and would benefit her, too.

And This, 100% agree!

alainaobrien

I recently corresponded with her, as I just purchased a tinned version myself, and she wrote - "I don't currently have plans to reprint, but maybe someday.". So....yeah :-/

sashie

Emphatic yes from me, too. I desperately want a copy of either size (and the Tabula). I just know I'm not going to be able to afford the one in the tin before it sells out. Unemployment has hit me really really hard. I've received a few decks as gifts since losing my job, it's really the only thing that brightens up my mood. I've marked some decks in my profile for trade & sale, perhaps I will be fortunate enough to encounter someone who'd like to trade for any edition of the Rosetta. Fingers crossed.

JylliM

According to an email I had from the creator last week, there are still plenty of pocket versions left. I'm waiting to get another one later, so I can combine postage with the coloured TM. Apparently it's safe to wait.

sashie

That's good news! Thank you for sharing the information.

Babalon Jones

direct from the centaur's mouth...

First thank you for your interest. I am humbly honored that with all the decks out there, this one still made a difference.

Funny this came up now. Just the other day I pulled out the portfolio of the original paintings. I was struck by how charming they are in person now, and felt guilty for neglecting them! They were painted card size so are true miniature paintings.

There are no plans in place to publish another full size Rosetta at this time, as I am only one person, not a company, currently trying to finish and publish a second deck while working a day job. So I can only handle one publishing project at a time! I do this because I am obsessed with it, truly. It is my passion to create esoteric art, and all I really want to do.

I'm not ruling a second edition out though if it truly seemed like there was interest. Maybe once I finish my current project there could be another edition, someday. Perhaps for a significant anniversary of the deck in the future.

But it would have to be made different somehow just to engage my creativity in the project, and so that the first edition would still be uniquely itself. Because I am happy that there were only 777 of that one and they form a happy family of sorts, all over the globe.

There are still pocket size decks in a tin, both standard and customizable. They are not "mini" decks as they are not that small, though in my ignorance of the exactitude of the terms I called it such. It should be called pocket size not mini. They are about the size of a business card but maybe a little wider.

The reason I made those is because I wanted a vibrantly colored yet smaller sized portable deck in a tin, for use in "portable magic" as described in the book of that name by Donald Tyson. The Rosetta, with it's vibrant coloring, has images that really vibrate and thus are easy to visualize, which is what he recommends. Since it fit the bill for the perfect deck for that I made them because I wanted it for myself!

They are a bit of work for the creator though, in that I had/have to do a lot of work to make the tins, adding the outer labels, varnishing them, cutting and attaching the ribbon lifts, etc. And making the custom significators for each one.

They come with a significator card that is customized with your first name written in hieroglyphs in a cartouche held by Seshet. So whenever I send one out, I have to write the name in the glyphs in permanent marker, and I only get one shot as only one card comes with each deck and no spares exist. I fill orders in the morning before work, and it isn't just putting a deck in a box and attaching a shipping label. I am not a morning person so I have to focus! Believe me after over four years of this, I can write hieroglyphs fluently. And read them phonetically (though I don't know much Egyptian).

I do realize many prefer larger sized decks, and hope that someday it will find a way to another edition. If it is meant to be. So what could I do to make a new edition different and another animal while still true to the first?