If for the last time you're to suggest only one deck to all ATers, which would it be?

jema

A nice Dodal is all you need really.

baconwaffles

This is bittersweet, I have refrained from contributing since the announcement, mostly out of shock and sadness. I was never a full on regular here but I loved the reading circles and the historical threads, Marseille, Thoth and RWS. I have been coming here for some years now... amd well, deck(s) I would recommend is(are) the classic(s).
A Dodal, or Jean Noblet TDM
Thoth
PCS Commemorative
And lastly, because it is a masterpiece in its own right, Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus.

PathWalker

"Sort of like your valedictory deck advice to the readers of these forums"

honestly - I'd say look at everything you can. Search sites, speak to friends who have decks, check out any shops near you that just might sell them, new or secondhand.

And pick the one that speaks to YOU. Don't be swayed by what other folks say about a deck, go by how YOU feel about it. And that will be your very best guide.

There are decks I love, but if this is my advice to readers who come after me - that's it.

missy

honestly - I'd say look at everything you can. Search sites, speak to friends who have decks, check out any shops near you that just might sell them, new or secondhand.

And pick the one that speaks to YOU. Don't be swayed by what other folks say about a deck, go by how YOU feel about it. And that will be your very best guide.

There are decks I love, but if this is my advice to readers who come after me - that's it.

That was the best advice given and so true! Thank you, PathWalker. :heart:

Juliana

Thoth isn't my favorite, even though I do adore it. But I think it is a great addition to any collection. It is well thought out and beautiful. And regardless of where you are in your tarot journey, there is bound to be more you can learn from studying the Thoth.

Luna's Crone

definitely the new World Spirit. It has never let me down. I have a big purse and that is where it lives..box and all.

Luna's Crone

I met a newbie on monday and said, until you have some idea of what you are doing, stay the heck away from those unpacking Reveal videos. Some of those ppl are connected to the deck suppliers. plus you get all excited by the vid. LOL I am doomed when i watch those.

elsa

If I had to choose just one deck I'd go for the "Thelema". I just love all about it: the deep darker colours, the soft images, .... I just love the soothing energy!

Gwynydd

I started with the Morgan Greer in a tin, and as much as I loved it, I struggled with it, because I hadn't yet learned the tarot. At the time, I thought it was because I needed a different deck. Many decks later, and having learned the basics of tarot, I've now ordered the standard sized version of the same deck. Now I understand it, I think it's one of my most important decks.

So, now that I have a huge card-on for the Morgan Greer all over again, I'm nominating that one!

Scarlet Air

Smith Waite Centennial in a Tin
Linestrider Tarot
Prisma Visions (second edition)