Me, Me, all about Me, decks

hunter

Thank you all for your suggestions and thoughts.

I'm most interested in learning a little more about the Faerie Wisdom deck but am not coming up with much. It looks like another little deck that looks like nothing...but the Good Witch Bad Witch cards have been...I don't know what. Some of the cards do mention others, but I've been lucky enough to never pick them lately. Usually a witch stares me straight in the face and talks about me and my place in nature and time. I saw a couple fairy cards, but not any of the book.

I'm so lucky that I have several me decks...that help me with the relationships and I think of them as me decks...but...they are for me to work through surviving the gunk OTHERS are spewing out.

Sometimes I'm too fragile to even think about the gunk or how to get it off me. I think I'm somehow still not able to describe what I mean.

I don't want to even think about my upcoming court date, or how I'm going to get help, or even what I want to ask for, or how I can suck up to someone better or control my anger, or if I even have the right to be angry. UGH!!!

I just want to hear about seasons and plants and stones and rituals and ancestors and guides. The things that ground us. The things we would be interacting with on a deserted island, with no people on it. The wind, the water, the moon.

I guess I want to make a deserted island in the middle of my living room carpet. I want all the other people to go away for just a little while, till I can get me grounded again. They are too much. They are swallowing ME up.

I need a people free oasis. Have any of you ever played the Playstation Sims game that starts with a character on a deserted island? The sounds of the water and the campfire are hypnotic. It sounds boring having a character all alone, but it was calming. I had to leave it behind the last time I ran, and don't want to replace it, but it left an incredible impression on me.

A big request looking for decks that do not mention relationships :) It's like picking a deck for a woman who just had a miscarriage. Yeah, there are readings where she needs to deal with reality...and then there are readings where she needs a child free deck and to concentrate on all the rest of her life which is just in total shadow of the lost baby. The shadow needs to lift so the sun can shine on all that is left.

I guess maybe that it. The others are a shadow, the sun cannot penetrate. The sun cannot touch ME with the big shadow overhead.

I finished the first Well Worn Path book and am starting the second one. I really like it so far. Maybe it is all I need. The book mentions faeries though and caught my interest.

Golden Moon

LeNormand for me. :D

hunter

I was looking at just a few of the tree cards yesterday. Thanks for the more complete scans.

It looks like the Gillian Kemp cards are easier to get in the UK than in the US. I may need to save up and put in one big order at Amazon UK. She has a mermaid deck I never heard of.

Her decks seem to be less relationship based than most others. I find that interesting. I wonder what drives her as she develops the cards and books :-0 If it's just the way she naturaly thinks or if she did it on purpose :-0

emmsma

Not sure where I got my copy, but I looked at them and longed for them for quite some time.

When/if you are able, they are a very sweet deck.

Morgane_49

I find my Faeries' Oracle to be the best of my oracle decks for reading just for myself.

lightbug

I was thinking the same thing: if stranded alone on a desert island, we need no deck that talks about our relationship projections, co-dependence, etc. We need a ME deck that focuses on the part of ourselves that is distinct from our other-oriented lives or outward focus.

I had to really scratch my head here - but the most "Me" oriented decks I've seen are Answer is Simple, Tao Oracle, Osho Zen Tarot (sort of) - The Froud Deck (which I never took to) - and runes/rune-cards. Also the Ted Andrews decks (Nature-Speaks) - used without the book.

I think that relationship with others greatly reflects on our relationship with ourselves - so I guess there will always be some "overlap" of these topics in oracles or how we view them.

:)

Chronata

I hadn't really thought about this...but there does seem to be three camps in my oracle collection...those that are meant to be fortune telling for others those that are very introspective, and others that can be really both.

Most of mine fit in the "both" category...like Frouds,and the other faerie decks.

and some read better for others...sibyll,Madame Endora, archetype cards

but there are a few...while they read for others, do much better at personal "me" readings..

Celestial Wisdom cards...(my "go to" deck)
Psycards
Morgans

but the MOST introspective one I own...Archetypal Reiki Cards

hunter

I'm still loving the well worn/hidden path deck. I'm trying out the shapeshifter tarot as it's supplement and so far so good. Both decks are trimmed and have no keywords. The images blend nicely.

I've really hit a nice little groove for right now.