Psycards Oracle versions

decan

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if there are several versions (or editions) concerning Psycards Oracle.
I received my deck lately and it is fine, but I find the cards a bit too thin. The definition of the image is very correct and the colors are nice, but the quality could be better nevertheless.

All the decks are like mine or is there an edition with cards a bit less thin, maybe nicely varnished.

If there isn't another edition it's ok like that, but I was hoping something a bit better.

danieljuk

The guy who created them. Nick Hobson, used to post them himself from the website (and did worldwide mail order before the invention of the internet!), always from London or via resellers in different continents. In recent years he seems to have sold the running of it to someone else, I wonder if he has retired. I am not sure if he ever changed the deck but made new editions. Mine from a few years is a black box with thin cards that you can bend :eek:

I was searching AT and there was posts going back to 2004 complaining they were thin cardstock. So I am not sure if there was ever a better cardstock, they were always made by him in house and sold by him, so not sure of how he did it.

decan

Hi Danieljuk,
Thanks for your answer! :)

My cards are too in a black box. I think I will order another copy of the deck because with time it is possible that my cards will be a little damaged.

Nick Hobson isn't retired because I received an email from him, but it seems that it's someone else who takes care of the online store directly.
Anyway it's a nice deck and it seems that I have good results with it. It is easy to handle and the art is fine!

avalonian

I just bought a back-up copy direct from the Psycards site, definitely different cardstock to my original deck.

My old copy has a lwb and was published by U.S.Games, very glossy cards. Copyright says 1989 by Network Ltd. I think I might have bought it in the set with the book. The back of the cards has a white border and the cards feel virtually indestructible.

The new one came in a black box, with a fold out leaflet, the copyright on the box is Psycards Ltd. Cards feel softer and are matt rather than glossy. The back of the cards is borderless. It will be interesting to see how these look after being used a few times.

decan

Hi,
You are lucky to have one copy of this deck from US Games

Concerning your new copy, the cardstock seems indeed not wonderful at all. I'm myself a bit disappointed with regard to that :(