SAKKI-SAKKI: what would you like for the holidays?

Yum... Holiday Special...

• anything else that I haven't thought about?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M-Press

hello there!
I have been working on a holiday site for Sakki-Sakki the last week, and it's pretty ready to go "on air", but I have mixed feelings about somethings...

I do want to offer the opportunity to people to buy the Sakki-Sakki as a gift... so I'm thinking of offering a special price for two decks. On the other hand though, I'm making some new Sakki-Sakki ***pockets***, and I thought that might be a great gift if someone buys two decks. Of course these are hand made, and I can only make a limited amount... (24 hours, after all...)

Let's see if I can attach a sample...

One of the big problems i discovered since I'm in the "tarot business" is that the shipping changes dramatically if ONE gram is added (anything over 250gm) ... that makes things very complicated...
Not to mention that my "distribution" skills, need some polishing, to say the least!
I guess swimming, includes getting wet?

So, what would you prefer: ???

Attachments

• so_tarot1.JPG
    so_tarot1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 127
  • sc_tarot2.jpg
    sc_tarot2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 126
  • s_checks_.jpg
    s_checks_.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 118

Tarot Galadriel

I would love one of these, but I already bought a Sakki Sakki deck ! Can we buy the pockets seperatley, as I woud LOVE one to match my beloved Sakki Sakki

hugs
Galadriel

Chubby Mummy

You can definitly count me in for a sakki pocket! I would order one now if I could!!

rabble

They're all gorgeous, M-Press!

I think that's a fabulous idea!

M-Press

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments...

yes, i think the pockets should be available by themselves too...
I have to take one to the post office tomorrow, and weight it, and see how much the shipping will be...
I must say, that the creation of the deck was a hell of a long and important and amazing journey, but SELLING IT? it's a story I never thought about, and it proves to be not a lesser teacher!!!

I also hope to dream a good solution tonight as well!
Thanks!

xviiirkna

Cool stuff! I'd definitely buy a Sakki-Sakki pocket or two...I like the checkbook cover idea - and one to hold my cards! Although I already have the deck, I would probably buy another one for a gift. It's a very 'giftable' deck...who wouldn't smile when they opened up the package?

Blessings,
Sally Anne

baba-prague

I can imagine giving the Sakki Sakki to someone who hasn't come across tarot before - it's immediately appealing and neither too "occult" or "kitschily New Agey" for someone who might be nervous of such things.

Now a gift deck WITH a pocket - that would be nice indeed! (I don't mean you can give a pocket with every deck - I take your point that it might be a lot of work to do that).

M-Press

Must say, that this is really a hard one...
I could never imagine (till today), what it means to do a holiday special, or to just adjust your price or what extras you give...
From shipping issues (really big ones), to how physically set up your web site, which method to use for payment, and how much time you can devote to it, it's all just too complex...

I've spent 2 weeks to reorganize my website, and from now on I will use PayPal, unless that will not prove better. When I just stared, I linked with NetPay, a very professional, reliable and expensive! provider, but there are still many problems... (especially when you are just a tiny business). People seem to have gotten used to PayPal, so I decided I'll give it a try...

Since this is the holiday of giving, I decided to do my best (a nice discount for two) to make it easier for people to buy the deck as a gift, rather than to give something extra if you buy one (there are way too many shipping issues here...).
And, I'll make the pockets available by themselves, and will add something extra to them (shipping conditions better here!).
This way, if someone buys two, at a better price, they'll be able to add one pocket without going wild, or just keep the costs down. Up to them...

I will also make the pockets available, as long as I can handle the making of them....
You know how it is: either nothing happens, or everything happens at once!!!

I know there is too much info here, but since this is "the creation" area, I just wanted to point out that the creation of a deck, does not stop at the making of the cards...;)

M-Press

Finally, a verdict!

I'm excited to announce, that the Sakki-Sakki holiday shop is up.
I must say that I never had such dilemmas with something. I actually changed my mind at the last minute and did a mix of sorts. I even did a reading, and quiet followed it. Just had to...;)

Thanks so much for everyone that responded. It really helped me determine what to do.
http://www.sakki-sakki.com/shop/shop.html

and please check out the "goodies" under "contact". I just made some holiday desktops you can download.
I'm especially excited for the "Dragon Karma" one.

happy holidays!!!! (it's quiet early, but not really!)

ps: if anyone knows they want a "pocket", pls order asap. I put "two feet in one shoe" regarding that, and I'm afraid of overwhealm against the calendar!!!