What Lenormad Deck Are You Currently Using?

conurelover

What deck are you currently using?

I think it is the time for Gothic Lenormand-Mysteries of the Old Castle. It gives off the eeriness vibes and has been out for a few weeks for me.

mysticsphere

i am using the gorgeous piatnik deck. I love it! The art is so lovely to me.

There are a few things that stand out in this deck tho that are minor annoyances. Man doesn't really face the woman, he is reading a letter, and the clouds card has a ship on it. Moon and Stars both look very similar, and the handle and scythe blade are facing the same direction.

These were confusing to me at first while i was still unaware of all the card meanings and card numbers (i once interpreted an early reading as if the ship card was present, when it was clouds :/ ).

But with enough time i learned to distinguish them all and now i adore it. I might invest in the Blue Owl deck when i get some money.

UrbanBramble

i am using the gorgeous piatnik deck. I love it! The art is so lovely to me.

There are a few things that stand out in this deck tho that are minor annoyances. Man doesn't really face the woman, he is reading a letter, and the clouds card has a ship on it. Moon and Stars both look very similar, and the handle and scythe blade are facing the same direction.

These were confusing to me at first while i was still unaware of all the card meanings and card numbers (i once interpreted an early reading as if the ship card was present, when it was clouds :/ ).

But with enough time i learned to distinguish them all and now i adore it. I might invest in the Blue Owl deck when i get some money.
That's my go to deck. I love the size since all my others are minis. I do get the ship and the clouds mixed up pretty often... And it drives me crazy that the man is reading a letter because it will often seem significant when its not. But it gives me really reliable readings and feels like a workhorse deck to me. I read the scythe based on which direction the blade is facing, then it doesn't matter which direction the handle is going. The illustrations are great too.

mysticsphere

That's my go to deck. I love the size since all my others are minis. I do get the ship and the clouds mixed up pretty often... And it drives me crazy that the man is reading a letter because it will often seem significant when its not. But it gives me really reliable readings and feels like a workhorse deck to me. I read the scythe based on which direction the blade is facing, then it doesn't matter which direction the handle is going. The illustrations are great too.

mmhmm, the art is beautiful to me. Love my piatnik. I agree with the man reading letter too, it is very tempting to make a connection especially when Letter shows up in the same reading!

Also, for the scythe, i read in caitlin matthews book that the scythe blade "cuts or harms" whatever it's facing, and the handle shows "what you are reaping, gathering". So you can imagine my sadness when the piatnik version has both facing the same direction lol.

But stuff like that doesn't really matter tbh, you can still use that meaning even if the image doesn't show it. Coffin doesn't have a drape either, but i still use whatever is to the left of the card as the thing that is "ending".

The dark side of clouds is apparently facing the opposite way of other traditional decks, but oh well.

ana luisa

Alone's Vision. It's such a welcoming deck :)

Darkmage

I love my Piatnik, too. I also like Mystical Lenormand but the Piatnik is so much clearer, esp. since I'm still learning. And the box with the fortuneteller scaring the hell out of the young ladies on the front is a riot.

I have Caitlin Matthews' Enchanted Lenormand set. The cards are meh--to me, they're too muddy. I like clearer artwork. The book, however, was worth the price of admission. I also have the US version of the Blue Owl. It's nice, but I really don't like those damned verses. I have the Euro edition w/the playing card inserts on my BD wishlist. I just need to get some more money in my Paypal account. :/

mysticsphere

@darkton i like the crystal ball images on caitlin's deck, but i don't like the borders. They are way too busy and make the whole thing look cluttered when casting a tableau. I wish the background was a plain color table spread or something.

@analuisa, i just googled that deck. That is the deck i see on donnaleigh's videos! It is very lovely, i especially love the stars card. Simple, yet pretty.

Chronata

I found that I had a copy of the Haunted Lenormand in my bag, and I may have a perfect last minute Halloween gig in which to make good use of it!

Roses are red

Hello

I got the Mystical Lenomand deck, the symbolds are similar to how I dream, so it makes it easy for me to instictively.

Village Witch

I found the Mystic Lenormand on my bookshelf. Have no clue why or when I purchased it, but obviously way before I became involved with Lenormand. I have five decks at present and Mystic Lenormand is my favorite by far.