[feedback please] 3 card personal development spread

three.sword.fool

Hello,

I've started using my cards as a form of support and guidance through a rough time and I now feel comfortable enough to share a few in hopes of getting feedback on my reading ability:

Question 1: What will be the outcome of joining the new gym?(was feeling a little apprehensive)
cards: LADY BEAR STORK

I read this as me(lady) strength(bear) change(stork)
So, duh, I'll go through physical change, gain strength(I see this as both physical and mental.) This has to be one of the bluntest readings I've done.

Question 2: (This is the one I really need help with)What is blocking me from fully integrating healthy habits?
cards: CHILD KEY FOX

I'm having trouble interpreting this one, especially with the key in the position of overall meaning/most weight.

I get a sense of weak will and self sabotage from the child and fox cards. That this journey I'm on is still quite new, I'm laying foundations for a healthier life but it still needs a lot of nurturing(child) but there is some sneaky energy, bad habits that don't seem that bad but are ultimately in the way of my success(fox). What comes to mind are my late nights or idle time on the computer. They're habits that are warm and cozy but ultimately hurting me in the end.

....and then there's the key card. The key is to nurture the child and mind the fox? Would I have been better off to draw clarification cards for all or maybe just the key?

Any/all suggestions and help are appreciated. When I draw for myself I tend to just form an overall impression of the cards, but I want to discipline myself into "properly" interpreting the cards and combinations.

Many thanks!

surpeti

Hi, I agree with your first reading--Lady's strength and/or weight changes.

Your second reading reminded me of the old story of the farmer who needs to get a cabbage, a sheep, and a wolf across the river in a small boat that can only hold himself and one of the three. If you don't know the story, the problem is to never leave the sheep with the cabbage or the wolf with the sheep as something will get eaten if unattended! And the trick is to do the extra work of ferrying the wolf (I believe) back and forth a couple of times to ensure that all stay safe and uneaten. I agree it sounds like both the child and fox are the key to your question and the solution to these blocks is to do the work to balance/care for/respect these sides of yourself. Your inner sneaky child doesn't like the new habits you are laying down.

Of course, you could also interpret literally--a sneaky child might swipe the key to your car when you want to leave for the gym (I raised one like this :)).

Village Witch

Question 2: (This is the one I really need help with)What is blocking me from fully integrating healthy habits?

My interpretation is that it is vital stop lying to yourself in order to heal the inner child. Everything is not okay no matter how many times you telling yourself that it is. I feel there is pain that needs to be allowed to surface in order to be addressed and healed.

Perhaps I am reading this psychically and not addressing the cards drawn, but I find the two go hand in hand at times. Something is not allowing you to feel worthy of a healthy mind and body. Fox says you are skirting the issues at hand.

ana luisa

It may be that some deep set habits are not letting you do that. The kid alludes to them being stablished from very early age (perhaps in upbringing. I know MY mom made sure I had extra pounds to show so she would be certain I was "healthy"). Different times...
The Key is the solution to what you're looking for, the unblocking.
The Fox here, to me stands fo the word WRONG. Doing it the wrong way, not how i'ts supposed to be. Also fooling yourself or self-sabotaging.

Just my 2 cents.

three.sword.fool

Big thank you for the feedback!

surpeti: I remember that puzzle, makes for a great analogy : )

Village Witch: "Something is not allowing you to feel worthy of a healthy mind and body." eek, spot on.

ana luisa: "The Key is the solution to what you're looking for, the unblocking. " so obvious! I feel silly for not "getting" the card.

Thank you again, you've all given me a lot to think about.

Joon

What is blocking me from fully integrating healthy habits?
CHILD KEY FOX

You are beginning (Child) with a wrong outcome (Key-Fox) in mind.

Like, are you doing leg lifts to increase arm strength?

No of course you aren't :)

But maybe your approach isn't aligned properly with your goals, or maybe your goals as defined aren't the most beneficial outcome to be striving for.

three.sword.fool

Joon: Interesting interpretation! The fox card essentially modifying the key...

Geez, who knew three cards could hold so much helpful material for reflection.