Knight of Swords and 4 of Pentacles - relationship outcome

Annalise

So, a friend asked me to do a relationship spread for someone she has a crush on. She suspects he may also have feelings for her, but he has a girlfriend (eeek, sticky situation. I felt awkward even doing the reading).

Anyway, I made it pretty specific and one of the questions was "where might the relationship between these two be in the next couple of months?" - (I asked for 2 cards because I always have a hard time interpreting only one in questions like these) the answer was Knight of Swords and 4 of Pentacles.

I felt like this was saying there will be swift movement (maybe even feeling like things are rushing forward) but also lots of feelings of possessiveness?

BeyondtheVeil

Annalise

So, a friend asked me to do a relationship spread for someone she has a crush on. She suspects he may also have feelings for her, but he has a girlfriend (eeek, sticky situation. I felt awkward even doing the reading).

Anyway, I made it pretty specific and one of the questions was "where might the relationship between these two be in the next couple of months?" - (I asked for 2 cards because I always have a hard time interpreting only one in questions like these) the answer was Knight of Swords and 4 of Pentacles.

I felt like this was saying there will be swift movement (maybe even feeling like things are rushing forward) but also lots of feelings of possessiveness?

It could also be that the person who your friend likes is the Knight of Swords and he is not interested as he is holding onto what he has.{4 of Pentacles}. I get that he might even be "aggressive" in his decision as well.

I'm sure you will get others take on your cards. It is sometimes hard to help when we didn't do the reading ourselves. lol

Hope that helps!
BeyondtheVeil

Annalise

Ahhh, like, maybe he can tell she has feelings for him, and he possibly even has a slight attraction to her and as such feels that his current relationship is being threatened?

Or would that be wrong, since my question was "where will the relationship be" not - how does he feel?

starrystarrynight

I usually see the Four of Pentacles in a question like this as indicating the status quo will be maintained. The Knight of Swords may suggest he will give things some thought, but he won't give up what he already has for your friend, unfortunately.

BeyondtheVeil

Ahhh, like, maybe he can tell she has feelings for him, and he possibly even has a slight attraction to her and as such feels that his current relationship is being threatened?

Or would that be wrong, since my question was "where will the relationship be" not - how does he feel?

I think that either way it would fit that I don't think he will move out of the situation with his g/f. {4 of Pentacles} He may even get aggressive if he feels that he needs to be to get the point across. I'm not seeing any feelings for your friend...just that he is not going anywhere from where he is. The Four of Pentacles is a stubborn card. There is only "holding on/holding back" no movement. No reaching out to get or give.

I hope that makes sense. :)

BeyondtheVeil

Four of Pentacles could mean he never gives her a commitment. Knight of Swords can be aggressive in some regard, or just swift action.

Annalise

I think that either way it would fit that I don't think he will move out of the situation with his g/f. {4 of Pentacles} He may even get aggressive if he feels that he needs to be to get the point across. I'm not seeing any feelings for your friend...just that he is not going anywhere from where he is. The Four of Pentacles is a stubborn card. There is only "holding on/holding back" no movement. No reaching out to get or give.

I hope that makes sense. :)

BeyondtheVeil

Gotcha. I was reading the aggressiveness of the Knight of Swords as defensiveness. But I suppose that still makes sense if he feels her feelings toward him are a threat to his relationship. That really makes sense to me from what she's told me. I felt like maybe she was hoping, but that it's probably one sided.

Annalise

Four of Pentacles could mean he never gives her a commitment. Knight of Swords can be aggressive in some regard, or just swift action.

So that combo could potentially mean that he doesn't even have to consider it - he quickly decides to stay with his current GF.

BeyondtheVeil

Gotcha. I was reading the aggressiveness of the Knight of Swords as defensiveness. But I suppose that still makes sense if he feels her feelings toward him are a threat to his relationship. That really makes sense to me from what she's told me. I felt like maybe she was hoping, but that it's probably one sided.

Yes...with the Knight of Swords and Four of Pentacles... I definitely get defensiveness. It does make sense. I love this board as it has also helped me see how things go together. I hope that i helped you and didn't confuse you. lol

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

So that combo could potentially mean that he doesn't even have to consider it - he quickly decides to stay with his current GF.

Yes... that is what I was getting. Also the fact that he may "defend" if he thinks what is "his" is going to be threatened/messed with.