Study group World spirit tarot

Sulis

Either really although I've just been studying the Magician card today (inspired by jmd's thread) so I could start a thread about him, if anyone wants to start with The Fool then we could do them both at once.
I think that we should start a new thread for each card and then people can contribute to whichever thread they like.
Does that sound OK?

love and light

Sulis xx

Jewel-ry

Thats great Sulis, I'm off up stairs to find my deck. Will try and post something tonight.

J :)

13thFaeChylde

I'm going to post tonight also.

spoonbender

I'm too tired to post tonight, but I'll try to post tomorrow! I just read your posts, Sulis and Jewel-ry, and they look really interesting!

see ya tomorrow!

Spoonbender

Tarotmyst

I have had this deck for a few years and haven't really studied it. Does anyone mind if i join in too? It really is a fantastic deck and deserves more of my time.

13thFaeChylde

Sure, jump in! I just got this deck 3 days ago, and am very happy that I did.

spoonbender

Thank you, Rhiannon, for those links. I had seen them before and they were pretty helpful! I'm sorry to hear that you don't have the deck any more!
Tarotmyst, jump right in! It's always great to have more people join, and from what I've read in the Fool-thread, you'll give us a lot of insights! A big welcome!

Spoonbender

Seed Crystal

bumping nice thread :)

Seed Crystal

Why I love this deck:
I love the art.
I LOVE how dynamic almost every character and scene in the deck is.
I love the inclusive imagry, and the ambiguity of some characters, which allows me to me them as female or male, old or young, as belonging to more than one ethnicity, and not all white thin and basically interchangable; these characters have Character!
I like the overall traditional system of images, vastly improved by the author and artist's quite significant tweakings and reinterpretations.
I love the court cards (Seeker, Seer, Sage, Sybil; and that's how I order them, not how the authors do).
I love how many characters notably the High Priestess and the Magician are freed from suffocating robes and temples.
I love what the cards do with the sun and the moon.
I love all the small hidden bits, and that the book might not mention them at all.