SCREW MERCURY RETROGRADE!

CaliforniaTarot

I just had to vent. MERCURY RETROGRADE can kiss my booty! Ugh they weren't lying when they said technology always screws up during this 3 week period of hell on Earth. Within the past 2 days my whole computer decided to screw up. I bought a new expensive charger and it's still not charging my computer. I even had IT guys look at it. Man, how do I deal with this period of technological instability?!

daphne

I read that these periods does not affect everyone the same, it depends how much tuned we are to that specific planet. The more Mercury is accentuated in our birth chart, the more sensitive we are to its trajectory.

CaliforniaTarot

I read that these periods does not affect everyone the same, it depends how much tuned we are to that specific planet. The more Mercury is accentuated in our birth chart, the more sensitive we are to its trajectory.

With a Merc in Aries you bet I'm all fired up about things haha. It also affects me negatively because it's in my 10th house and it gives me an immense need to constantly change jobs and do too many things at once. I definitely have done both in the past and am experiencing that now. I'm just feeling pulled all over the place.

daphne

With a Merc in Aries you bet I'm all fired up about things haha. It also affects me negatively because it's in my 10th house and it gives me an immense need to constantly change jobs and do too many things at once. I definitely have done both in the past and am experiencing that now. I'm just feeling pulled all over the place.

Yes, Mercury in Aries gives your communication expression some sharp teeth and thunderstorms.
But it is not only this, probably you must know better, I am just starting astrology study, it is important how prominent is it in natal chart, if it is a first chorus voice or second.

And even if planets are pulling us all over the places, it is up to us how we respond to them, dont you think?

CaliforniaTarot

Yes, Mercury in Aries gives your communication expression some sharp teeth and thunderstorms.
But it is not only this, probably you must know better, I am just starting astrology study, it is important how prominent is it in natal chart, if it is a first chorus voice or second.

And even if planets are pulling us all over the places, it is up to us how we respond to them, dont you think?

Do you mean natal chart transits in Mercury? I've never heard of the chorus before though haha.

daphne

Do you mean natal chart transits in Mercury? I've never heard of the chorus before though haha.

No, not a all. I meant something more simple: it depends on how prominent is that Mercury in natal, to say something about your response to it. We all have a Mercury and there are other people with it in Aries, 10th house. It matters also how much is aspected with other planets and how.

From what you describe, probably it is very much wired with a lot in your chart.

But anyway, the idea I wanted to express (the one I like most in astrology) was that planets ask us questions and it is up to us to give the answers. Like venting some frustration here about your charger, which can help de-stress you. :)

FaireMaiden

I just had to vent. MERCURY RETROGRADE can kiss my booty! Ugh they weren't lying when they said technology always screws up during this 3 week period of hell on Earth. Within the past 2 days my whole computer decided to screw up. I bought a new expensive charger and it's still not charging my computer. I even had IT guys look at it. Man, how do I deal with this period of technological instability?!

Uh, no. During a Mercury Rx, the universe will not rearrange itself according to your needs or desires. Which is exactly what Mercury Rx's are there to teach us. So, YOU are supposed to kiss Mercury Rx's booty! and take these times of the year seriously. Keep disregarding, and keep getting the same results.

How do you deal with these periods? First, by being aware of them. Second, by getting your 'house' in order before they hit. And, by 'house', I mean your home, your office, blah blah blah.

Don't start new projects when Mercury is close to going Retrograde. Finish-up what's been on the back-burner. Don't make travel plans, or travel itself, on Mercury Rx. Accept that Mercury Rx is 'down-time'. And, when things go wrong, knowing the cause should serve to help you cope, not send you into a rampage, (Mercury in Aries... you want what you want when you want it!). Like everyone else, you have to wait it out. For this particular period, Mercury will go Direct on October 25th.

MERCURY RETROGRADE 2015

January 21 - February 11

May 18 - June 11

September 17 - October 9

danieljuk

This is the first Mercury Retograde for ages that I have gone into it really relaxed! things are going to go awry but I am going to handle them calmly and work them out. I am coping with a sense of humour not panic!

Like FaireMaiden's excellent post above, there is rules before it comes. Don't start new things, don't sign new contracts / accept new things if you can. Back up your computer / phone / tablet / technology at least 7 days before the start. Things may go a bit crazy, it's safe to live your life but if you are travelling perhaps leave extra time.

I have noticed that Mercury is much worse at the start and at the end and the days before and after, the middle bit is much calmer. I went on holiday last weekend and they forgot to book my dog in the place and gave me a non dog place! but it all worked out in the end. The funny thing is we were charged per night for a "dog guest", it was on the booking. They messed up.

There is going to be 2 to 3 mercury retrogrades every year of our lives, we can't just hide in our rooms! There is positives and a purpose from the universe for it. We perhaps rely too much on technology and we need to shut off and spend time with our loved ones. It's a great time to go introspective and sort out the past and your life and home. People from the past might suddenly contact us again, this could be good and bad! conversations might go wrong because we make mistakes. The secret of handling it is to just go with the flow! it will soon be over and things in your life would have sorted out during it :) You might end up in a whole new direction or have a personal breakthrough! :thumbsup:

Edited To Add: I am trying to find the positives in it but truthfully it's an annoying frustrating time! But we have to carry on living our lives and there is a purpose from the universe for planets to go retrograde for us. We can handle it and there is a reason for it. As for your charger California perhaps it was a badly made version and will force you to change it! it will sort out eventually :)

Disa

Mercury Retrograde just makes me laugh.

Seriously, it's funny to see that when all electronic things are going wrong that it really IS Mercury retrograde. The past two have been horrifying at work as well as on the home front, and I didn't realize it was that time, but the amount of technological things going wrong was constant enough on a daily basis for me too look it up. Once I realized, I just laughed.

Yes, the Universe IS telling us we are NOT in control. HA....just rolll with it, it will pass. While everyone else is freaking out I just say, "It's Mercury Retrograde, it will pass". They all look at me like I'm nuts, but since it's happened twice, people are starting to look into it for themselves.

Over on the 25th, how fitting. My dear ole (deceased) Dad's B-day. :)