Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Pathworking: The World or the 10 of Pentacles/Page of Pentacles?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Kabbalah & Alphabets

Citizen

sworm09 
Citizen

Pathworking: The World or the 10 of Pentacles/Page of Pentacles?

First, I don't know if this is in the right place, so move if necessary.

I've been reading about pathworking lately and decided that I would use the Tarot for my pathworking. Most sources talk about meditating on The World/Universe card to move from Malkuth to Yesod...but what about the four worlds? For example, right now I'm in Assiah, so logically I would start at Malkuth in Assiah....does that mean that it would be more logical to meditate on the 10 of Pentacles and Princess of Pentacles as my starting point? Then would I move to meditating on The World from the perspective of connecting the 10 of Pentacles (Malkuth in Assiah) to the 9 of Pentacles (Yesod in Assiah)?

Am I making this too complicated? Can someone share their thoughts on this?
Top   #1
ravenator

ravenest 
ravenator

Sure ... I cant see why not although I have never heard of that before ,,, seems sensible to me.
Top   #2
Resident

simple_biscuit 
Resident

Path-working uses the Major Arcana because they represent paths of transition from Sephirah to Sephirah. Minor Arcana can be used for meditation, but they represent Sephirot and not paths.

Path-working takes place in the Kabbalistic world of Yetzirah. When you open your eyes you are back in Assiah.
Top   #3
Le Mat

Richard 
Le Mat

It might clear some confusion to use the traditional single tree model of the four worlds: Malkuth in Assiah; the next three Sephirot in Yetzirah, etc. As simple_biscuit wrote, no matter where you go on the tree, path working itself takes place in the world of Yetzirah. If you are interested in using the traditional path of return (based on the ten Sephirot) for path working, there is a systematic description in P. F. Case's The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order, Part Two.
Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.