GT practice - five cards in their houses

decan

I would say its a mixture. It has contributions from Tali Goodwin, Rana George, Donnaleigh de LaRosa, Sylvie Steinbach, Andy Boroveshengra, Emanuel J. Santos, and Nepher Khepri, with explanatory notes by Ciro. The overall tone seems to be more traditional than modern, but I haven't considered it closely in that respect.
Thanks for your answer Barleywine!

snowmoon

just laid out a GT for next week, and I have five cards which landed in their houses. So Letter in the house of Letter, Coffin the House of Coffin, Fox in the house of Fox and so on

hi, i would read those with their own house individual. then read the cards related 3x3 ,

RAphrodite

Some interesting stuff going on here. The Significator's line starts well (Sun-Storks-Woman-Lilies), suggesting fortunate change that brings the Woman happiness (possibly related to family or sexual matters),

That bit is true I'm on dating apps again, and trying for a positive outlook.

but it soon descends into difficulty (Mice-Scythe-Snake-Coffin). About the only good thing about the last four cards is that Snake + Coffin can mean an end to problems, especially since both cards are strong in their own houses.

Good to know. I see how youre reading this. Youre not taking into account the houses yet.

Since the Mice diminishes whatever comes before it, and the consequences are shown by the following card, happiness could be eroded by discontentment (Lilies + Mice),

There has been stress, but mostly around dating, what person to give what chance to, to come from a place of openness, and not defensiveness.

resulting in the need to make a stressful decision (Mice + Scythe), perhaps about a serious challenge of some kind (Scythe + Snake, which I've seen described as "attack"). The Scythe's point is toward the Snake, indicating that the severity of any betrayal or deceit implied by the latter could be intensified.

Well, its wednesday, nothing of the sort has happened yet, but I'll keep an eye out for sure. At the time of doing this spread, I was thinking about asking my boss for recompensation for something, but paused because of the cards I got. Since I didnt take that course, perhaps the outlook has changed?

Since I see the Moon rather than the Fox as the primary "work" card, the series Moon-Star-Fox-Bear-Book looks to me like any hopes you may have for success in your job during this week could be derailed by a duplicitous boss who may be withholding something from you. With Fox and Bear both in their own houses, I would think that your boss has his or her own agenda and is not to be trusted.

There has been some success, my new boss (till today, Wednesday) has been quite good to me. My boss last year was awful (abusive, racist, you name it). The union has encouraged me to put in a formal grievance. I was thinking about doing the letter this weekend.

There is a coworker I am currently watching out for.

The thing that grabs me about this spread is the condition of the Woman. She is surrounded by positive and positive/neutral cards, but the knighting tells a slightly different story. The Woman knights to the Anchor and the Heart, suggesting that she is seeking stability in a loving relationship. But she also knights to the Cross and the Star, bringing to mind the poetical allusion to the "star-crossed lover;" that is, one who is fated to fail. If we discount the four bottom cards, the Woman mirrors the Letter, which is also strong in its own house; the fact that it is surmounted by the Clouds could mean it bears unpleasant news. The Woman and the Letter sit at the head and foot of a cross array that has at the extremities of its lateral arms the Cross and the Star, placing the four cards in a sensitive alignment. The Clover and the Clouds at the center of the cross indicate uncertain luck related to the contents of any message represented by the Letter.

This is interesting

First the reading method,

1. Do you always read the Cross (woman, letter, cross and star here) for a particular card you want more information on? or only for the querent?

2. Why did you read anchor + heart more as desire than eventuality? Is it because Stars is further to the right of the querent?

Comment: That Cross reading was very good.

1. are important work/residency related papers, which the delivery company has been frustrating about. Hope to receive these by tomorrow. so delayed news. (clouds letter) But since Clouds is also in the house of Tower, it does indicate trouble or uncertainty with authorities. Clouds do form a link with the House of Clouds which as the scythe and Scythe links with House of Scythe which has House. Which again says confusion around home.

2. I am waiting for a message/letter/news that ought to have been sent five weeks ago. (romantic situation). I felt this week might be it. But even if I get this message, dont think it will be good news.

(house of ship)woman (house of coffin)coffin (house of heart)man
foreign woman (which i am in this country) END with man

how obvious can it get honestly.

I read the last four cards as 'fate cards'. Dont they give a taste of how the whole week will work out eventually?

Thank you for taking the time to explain the cards and the reading method BW, really appreciate it. It was very helpful and illuminating.

Barleywine

1. Do you always read the Cross (woman, letter, cross and star here) for a particular card you want more information on? or only for the querent?

This is the first time I've ever noticed it in a reading, mainly because the larger cross kind of echoed the Cross card on the left side. It struck me as a magnification of the fated quality of that card projected onto the bigger picture, bringing in aspects of hoped-for success, limited good fortune and uncertainty all tied to that perception. In other words, the implied hardship takes on broader dimensions and reaches forward into new developments, like baggage that would be better left behind. If there is any merit to this configuration, the anticipated communication (Letter) would have a bearing on all of those factors.

2. Why did you read anchor + heart more as desire than eventuality? Is it because Stars is further to the right of the querent?

I wasn't reading it as Anchor + Heart, more as Women + Anchor showing an ongoing quest for stability, and Woman + Heart reflecting the nature of that quest. I generally read Anchor as career stability, but I generalized it here in light of the other knighting array (Woman + Heart). The Clouds between the Anchor and Heart makes it look like an unsettled outlook.

cybercat

The ressource to which I am referring the most is Andy Boroveshengra: Lenormand Thirty Six Cards.
Classical and great!

I bought his book on Kindle for $5.00. Been reading it. It is very easy read and very indepth.

decan

I bought his book on Kindle for $5.00. Been reading it. It is very easy read and very indepth.
ETA: I modified my post because I thought you spoke about Anthony Louis Lenormand Symbols (on Kindle only).
Actually I have Andy Boroveshengra: Lenormand Thirty Six Cards paperback and as well on my Kindle!!

Barleywine

ETA: I modified my post because I thought you spoke about Anthony Louis Lenormand Symbols (on Kindle only).
Actually I have Andy Boroveshengra: Lenormand Thirty Six Cards paperback and as well on my Kindle!!

I have both, and the brief Louis publication makes me wish he would write an extended version.

Barleywine

Comment: That Cross reading was very good.

I had a further thought on the cross configuration. The Cross card is positioned in the "previous influences" portion of the spread (to the left) and the Cross can also have religious connotations. Matters of faith rooted in one's upbringing can cast a long shadow over later life, which may be what I was seeing as the Cross "projecting forward." Do you have any religious persuasions that could bias how you deal with relationship issues? As a projection, they wouldn't have to be intentional or even conscious. They may even be sublimated (tied to a higher purpose) in the Stars, but they could still be "live." (I have to be careful not to creep over into psychological tarot assumptions, since I see Lenormand as almost purely literal.)

RAphrodite

I had a further thought on the cross configuration. The Cross card is positioned in the "previous influences" portion of the spread (to the left) and the Cross can also have religious connotations. Matters of faith rooted in one's upbringing can cast a long shadow over later life, which may be what I was seeing as the Cross "projecting forward." Do you have any religious persuasions that could bias how you deal with relationship issues? As a projection, they wouldn't have to be intentional or even conscious. They may even be sublimated (tied to a higher purpose) in the Stars, but they could still be "live." (I have to be careful not to creep over into psychological tarot assumptions, since I see Lenormand as almost purely literal.)

Hi BW,

Thanks for this interpretation. I will have a further think about the influence of religion on my life. I have basically broken away from a lot of moulds that I grew up with, but feel that the 'cross i carry' has to do with bad early imprints of what supportive relationships look like, and the attraction to unavailability. It was a pattern I had successfully broken, but I was going through a difficult time at work and a few other things. and the old pattern creeped back in.

from an earlier post
could be eroded by discontentment (Lilies + Mice), resulting in the need to make a stressful decision (Mice + Scythe), perhaps about a serious challenge of some kind (Scythe + Snake, which I've seen described as "attack"). The Scythe's point is toward the Snake, indicating that the severity of any betrayal or deceit implied by the latter could be intensified.

I don't read past/present/future with Lenormand. Instead, I see cards to the Significator's left as influences that are passing away, and cards to the right as those that are increasing in importance, so it looks like things could get sticky by the end of the week. Fortunately, the majority of the cards in the spread are below the Significator, giving a greater measure of control over circumstances.

Since I see the Moon rather than the Fox as the primary "work" card, the series Moon-Star-Fox-Bear-Book looks to me like any hopes you may have for success in your job during this week could be derailed by a duplicitous boss who may be withholding something from you. With Fox and Bear both in their own houses, I would think that your boss has his or her own agenda and is not to be trusted.

Things did get a bit sticky today. The supervisor still hasnt made a move, but there was a disagreement with a colleague who I feel acted in a disrespectful, and possibly duplicitous way, making me feel and look stupid. There was a software I was learning how to work for our project, and after I successfully developed (took me three days) what needed to be developed, she comes in and says 'oh there was an easier way to do it, which takes ten minutes' even though I had involved her closely over the past three days. I dont think there is a lot of merit to her position of 'easier way in 10 minutes', so I took charge and made a decision (albeit diplomatic one), which probably didnt go down well with her. I dont know if shes complained to the supervisor (doubt she will), but she loudly accused me of being 'resentful' that she had figured out a better way, and told me to 'shutup' twice when I was emphasising time lost learning new softwares (which she was trying to do), when I had already done the work. we work in an open plan office.

I see her as the snake here.

ah, sorry, office quibbles. but yeah, thats what happened. so your reading in many ways was spot-on. Thanks again for the help in interpreting the cards, I learnt a few things.

RAphrodite

just laid out a GT for next week, and I have five cards which landed in their houses. So Letter in the house of Letter, Coffin the House of Coffin, Fox in the house of Fox and so on

hi, i would read those with their own house individual. then read the cards related 3x3 ,

Hi Snowmoon,

Sorry, I didnt see your advice earlier. Yes, 3x3 sounds like a good way to approach it, except all these cards are in such close proximity to one another, its difficult to do an individual card 3x3. I did a collective one, and it does seem to give a lot of information.

I will update you if the 3x3 was able to give more information at the end of this week.

Thanks again