UNDER THE ROSES US GAMES ED

magpie9

Glad to be helpful, sorry it won't work out for you :)

greatdane

Thanks Magpie...that's ok...not a lot of decks do!

I have quite a few Lenormand decks because I do a lot of readings and use them all. But there are many more decks I find lovely, but I don't really feel like reading with them for one reason or another. Doesn't mean they're not great, but we all have our preferences and dealbreakers. Keywords in the background, that was one of mine. I have many others :)
I'm very...choosy.

greatdane

I've decided to give the US Games one a chance

It's inexpensive and since I don't hold the cards up right close to my face, it's unlikely I'll notice the keywords. I would have loved the mini or the regular without keywords but such a limited ed and we always know what that means. Good luck getting it later. SO I am hopeful I will love the US Games one winging it's way and THANKS MAGPIE!

greatdane

Got this deck today....

First, LOVE the card stock. This is about the easiest card stock I've ever worked with.

Nicely printed. I think it is a very quality deck for very little money. I got mine from Book Depository and it arrived in about a week and a half from the time I ordered.

Granted, they made some changes like the HEART is the LOCKET, the COFFIN is the GRAVE (which I really like and it's NOT hard to make that jump in reading), there are a few other changes, like the BOOK is the JOURNAL. None of these are a problem to me as I can identify them immediately in a reading and that's what matters.

My concern with the keywords isn't a problem. IF I had the cards right up to my face, yes, I could see the keywords, but the way I lay them down, I don't even notice them.

IF you're on the fence with this deck, I would advise going for it. This is even better than I imagined.

Glass Owl

Ah, greatdane, that is reassuring to know, thanks for the review. I was on the fence about this deck (and I am really picky about purchases) but given the price and the positive responses, I threw it into the cart today and it will be arriving shortly.

greatdane

Glass Owl :))

I was on the fence when it was self published. Then when I saw US GAMES was doing it and the price, I thought I want it. Then I saw the keywords in a video and thought I don't want it lol. But I don't even notice them.

AND SERIOUSLY, I LOVE the card stock for shuffling. I have spent a lot more for a deck and not had a deck nearly this well-printed or on such great stock. I HOPE YOU POST when you get it, Glass Owl, and share your thoughts!

claire1805

I have had the Under the Rose Lenormand on my wishlist for quite a while now, but couldn't really justify getting this rather pricey deck back then. Imagine my excitement when I recently discovered that US Games have indeed published it (I love their cardstock!). I ordered the deck from Book Depository a couple of days ago.... it will probably arrive around a month later. Can't wait to get my hands on this beautifully illustrated Lenormand deck....

greatdane

I think you will enjoy it Claire :)

I got mine from Book Depo within about ten days. They're UK, I'm US, you maybe you'll get a little faster than you think. They seem to ship fast. Ironically, something I got from an vendor that is in the US took longer and the box was damaged, Book Depo came faster and perfectly! Ironic, since they are generally less expensive.

But I JUST LOVE to shuffle this deck! VERY well done for such an inexpensive little deck!
I HOPE you share your thoughts when you get it, Claire1805!

claire1805

I got mine from Book Depo within about ten days. They're UK, I'm US, you maybe you'll get a little faster than you think. They seem to ship fast. Ironically, something I got from an vendor that is in the US took longer and the box was damaged, Book Depo came faster and perfectly! Ironic, since they are generally less expensive.

But I JUST LOVE to shuffle this deck! VERY well done for such an inexpensive little deck!
I HOPE you share your thoughts when you get it, Claire1805!

I constantly made orders from Book Depository and so far, most of them seem to arrive around 3-4 weeks later.... I have learnt to be patient :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this deck, GD! I hope I will love it, since I did not really connect with the Gilded Reverie... Maybe these things just take time...

greatdane

Claire1805

Ah, so you know how long it can take to reach you. I was told three or four weeks and I just got quicker, so maybe that was a bit of luck.

I thought the Gilded Reverie was lovely, but while I COULD read with it, I just didn't really want to. I get why it is popular, beautifully done. But I traded it. We all have our preferences.

I can't wait to read what you think of this deck, Claire :). I think it is one of my favorite Lenormands as far as card stock, so many things. The backs are just lovely to look at when I shuffle :).