I just bought the Gilded Reverie Lenormand' by Ciro Marchetti

Gillyboo

Resource

If you google Donnaleigh's blog, she has amazing Lenormand resources. The key is to remember this oracle is typically used with defined meanings versus the improv often happening with tarot.

These cards also interact with each other in an important way.

Her site has wonderful tutorials. Also if you go to Youtube and search for Tarot Tribe Beyond Worlds, you'll see oodles of her instructional videos there. She offers amazing resources particularly targeted at newbies (which includes me!).

Island Dreamer

I have three Lenormand decks but the Gilded Reverie is by far my favourite (I love the Gilded Tarot too) because Ciro's artwork really appeals to me.

I'm also finding it 'speaks' to me more than tarot because it is more direct and less 'layered'. But that may just be my perception :confused:

Thanks for pointing us new Lenormand fans at all the useful resources :thumbsup:

NadaJ

Thank you to whomever suggested the $1.50 expanded LWB for this deck. I've been thinking about expanding into Lenormand, but worried about the learning curve. I settled on investing in this paid PDF version of the LWB to see if I would like the cards, and kind of serve as an introduction to Lenormand. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, and will likely buy the deck and the Rana George book later this week.

danieljuk

I'm thinking of buying this deck, the images look so pretty!
it seems to be a very popular 'go to' Lenormand deck :)

Lenormand seems quite daunting when you first start with it. Remember it's a different system to Tarot and the cards (like Tower and Sun, Moon, etc) are different. I see the Tower as more positive in Lenormand in many ways.

My suggestion about learning is to look at the cards and think of some keywords about it. Then I think it's great to practice with 3 card readings. At the start take 3 random cards on a question or topic or fictional tv /film/ character. Try and make a sentence with the keywords you have for the cards. The centre card is often seen as the most important, the first card can represent the person, sometimes I ignore those and just look at the 3 cards. You could also try to make a story between the cards. It's important to learn about combining with Lenormand! the reading is not about the 3 cards but about the 2 combinations of the 3 cards :)

sheilaleigh

Gilded Reverie Lenormand Deck

I just love this deck!!! It was my very first Lenormand deck and quite beautiful.
Vivid colors!!! My favorite although I have since purchased a few other decks. I
bought the Under the Rose which are made very sturdy. They fit nicely in your hands and are easy to shuffle. I also bought a very inexpensive deck from the Book Depository. The French Cartomancy Lenormand, Says on the card box that thy are the true cartomancy from the hands of Madame Lenormand so I had to have them!!! Also I purchased the Lilac and Cherry but have not received them yet. Can't wait as I love them!! So beautiful. Learning everyday as I want to become an excellent Lenormand reader. I have natural intuitive gifts that I hope will help me in my quest. Looking forward to sharing with everyone in the Forum.

Love
Sheilaleigh

Lee

Welcome to the forum, sheilaleigh! Enjoy your decks. :)

danielnogo

My favorite deck...

This is my favorite lenormand deck yet! I love the gilded edges and the box it comes in, feels like you are getting something special! It reads excellently! Although if you have never read lenormand before, youre gonna need to watch some tutorial vids because it is COMPLETELY different than tarot. I would recomend looking up a youtube channell called "Tarot Tribe Beyond Worlds", her name is Donnaleigh and she is an amazing lenormand teacher, I picked up the skill very fast watching her videos, and now I regularly do grand tableau's with no difficulty!

Another one you might want to check out is the enchanted lenormand, it is awesome! My second favorite lenormand deck.

IF you have a printer and laminator there are also free decks online that you can print! I printed this one:
http://carrieparis.com/free-holiday-learning-deck/

and it looks amazing and is small enough to do a grand tableau with ease, it also has the card meanings in small letters in the bottom so you never struggle to remember a meaning, theyre also quite portable, they fit in the coin pocket in my jeans!

FairyCrystal

I got the Gilded Reverie deck too :)
I bought it in February last. I had the default deck, been trying to get Lenormand to work for me for years on end, never succeeded.
Then I realized I needed a deck that spoke to me, never thought there'd be different Lenormand decks. So I got this Gilded Reverie in, with Rana George's book. This deck speaks to me, I can really relate to it, and with the help of Rana's book, I'm now doing readings for other ppl! Not an expert of course, still a lot to learn. But now I can finally do GTs, box spreads or whatever. My intuition works with this deck, which it didn't do with the default one.
So I'm very happy with it!

gregory

On this one, a heads up as there have been SO many pirated decks lately :(

If you see the attached - it's a legit Russian printing. The deck is now licensed in both Russian and German, as it's selling so well. So Russian readers can buy without worrying !

Attachments

• Russian Gilded Lennie.jpg
    Russian Gilded Lennie.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 137

FairyCrystal

Since a couple of months it's available in Dutch as well. I got mine in English though. I often prefer English to translated versions of cards, books etc.