Lenormand books

andybc

I probably have enough high-school French to stagger my way through a French-language publication, and it would be a great inspiration to help me sharpen my skills. But my command of German isn't remotely close. Amazon has Erna Droesbeke's Das Orakel der Mlle. Lenormand, but I don't know where to start looking for a capable French writer. Any recommendations?

Normally, you can get the French edition via Amazon.fr. I heard that Magicka had managed to track down the English version, but not sure a) if any are left b) how much they charge for shipping as they were very expensive.

Petit Lenormand is not that popular in France, especially when compared to Tarot, Belline, Traide et cetera. Most of the writers (Silvestre, Macro) were following Belgian literature written in French from the 1970s where Lenormand was sometimes given a chapter or two in Cartomancy Books. A lot of people say about the Fox being work as French, when it actually started in Belgium.

It comes from an anti-Semitic text that was popularised during the 1930s through to 1970s.

5Spades

Teheuti, is Anthony Louis’s book only available for Kindle? Is there a place where I can purchase the pdf version of the book?

andybc

-- deleted ---

Teheuti

Teheuti, is Anthony Louis’s book only available for Kindle? Is there a place where I can purchase the pdf version of the book?
All I know is what's on the amazon page. However, free Kindle apps are available for every computing platform.

andybc

The anit-Semitic children's book "Don't Trust A Fox in the Green Meadow" was a best seller of its day, and found in most Nazi schools - but perhaps it wasn't translated into French.

I'm specifically referring to Van den vos Reynaerde. That is the book that came up several times when I was researching why the Fox got linked to work. I did consider talking about it in Thirty Six Cards, but chose not to for a reason.

I am 99 % certain that that text, or rather its ideas, which were very prevelant in the area we are discussing during the 40s - 60s influenced the revisionist view. Acorns had no link to work before that and neither did the card. It cannot be because of the associates, because nowhere else that that sheet went, viewed the Fox as work. I am not saying that they were all Nazis or anti-Semitic but I am sure that that was the link.

Village Witch

@Andybc: Will your book be coming out in paperback any time soon?

andybc

@Andybc: Will your book be coming out in paperback any time soon?

No, unfortunately, I've not been able to offer it. I looked into it but the book has so many graphics Lulu and several other said we'd be looking at €30 per book.

5Spades

Thanks, Teheuti. I wasn’t aware that Amazon had such a service.

I also pre-ordered Caitlin Matthew’s upcoming book.

Lee

Moderator's note:

I've split off the posts about possible origins of the Fox=work attribution into a new thread:

Fox as work

Cheers,
Lee, Lenormand Moderator

Barleywine

No, unfortunately, I've not been able to offer it. I looked into it but the book has so many graphics Lulu and several other said we'd be looking at €30 per book.

Yesterday I ordered a paperback version from Amazon for around $13. The preview showed small "thumbnail" graphics of the cards. It was published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. Hopefully this is a legitimate edition and not pirated. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenormand-Thirty-Six-Cards-Introduction/dp/1500582484/ref=tmm_pap_title_0