Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Celtictarot

The book of shadows 2 , Angel Tarot and Dark Fairytale. Urgh.

BoS2, what is the odd green figures in the cards, although it has an awesome devil card, cakes LOL. I have the app and I am glad I got the app and not the deck. Talking off apps, since I ejected the Anna K tarot in a trade, everytime I see this deck in readings with people, I start to give a reaction like I was sucking lemons lol.

FLizarraga

The Tarot of Eden, aka Zukunfts Tarot.

It seduced me with its golden splendor --it is gorgeous, and the Empress card is probably the most beautiful I have EVER seen. But alas, it proved to be utterly unreadable, at least for me...

someones_princess

BoS2, what is the odd green figures in the cards, although it has an awesome devil card, cakes LOL. I have the app and I am glad I got the app and not the deck. Talking off apps, since I ejected the Anna K tarot in a trade, everytime I see this deck in readings with people, I start to give a reaction like I was sucking lemons lol.[/QUOTE

I just sold the BOS2 thank god. I would really advise against buying it, unless you think a deck with a story and anime is up your alley. I love Barbara Moore's decks and have 4 that she made or wrote the book on and one of her tarot books. Just really can't gel with the deck. Really sad as BOS1 has amazing artwork

Scorulia

Hi,

I had missed this thread, but it sounds interesting !
Though I'm a newbie, I already have bought a deck I shouldn't have : the gilded tarot !
What's strange is that a lot of people say they love this one, and that's why I chose it as a first deck, but when I recieved it, I felt weird.
I did want a colorful deck, I liked the imagery and the black background...
The first card I saw was the magician, but lack of luck, I do not like this one at all. Anyway, I did spend a lot of time studying each card as adviced in the guidebook... I ruined a handmade notebook with feelings and interpretations of these 78 cards I didn't feel any appeal with...
When I finally got my Marseille, everything was different ! I felt like I had a real jewel into my hands, even if I didn't like the imagery at first.

I think I would have kept the gilded if it wouldn't have sounded foolish... Yes, I felt deeply sorry and disappointed when I drew my first cards with it... I tried many times, puryfied it, slept with it, but every try I gave it was a failure. He told me nonsense, although my understanding of the cards had been made easy thanks to the long hours I had spent working on them...

Well, I've got a gilded tarot on sale.

jillkite

Morgan Greer - the close ups didn't work for me, there wasn't enough going on in the cards to make them readable. (Opposite of those decks that have way too much going on to be readable). Though I don't really regret it as it was a liberating experience to be buying any tarot deck at that time, it was my first deck.

Thoth - not for me. Having never been interested i got seduced into it by a tarot friend who loves it and persuaded me into seeing it's depth and beauty, briefly. I got my own copy, it was gone in 24 hrs. Again, not a true regret as I knew someone to sell it to right away and didn't lose a penny.

Arthurian - even when living in Glastonbury for a year I was not very attracted to the Arthurian mysteries, so why did I think I might click with this deck? It will be re-homed in due course I guess.

Essence of Winter

Prediction Tarot is the only one I regret buying. I quite like the Major Arcana but the Minor Arcana is the most uninspiring I have seen.

Clotho

Golden Tarot of the Renaissance, New Century Tarot, and Silicon Dawn.

Celtictarot

BoS2, what is the odd green figures in the cards, although it has an awesome devil card, cakes LOL. I have the app and I am glad I got the app and not the deck. Talking off apps, since I ejected the Anna K tarot in a trade, everytime I see this deck in readings with people, I start to give a reaction like I was sucking lemons lol.[/QUOTE

I just sold the BOS2 thank god. I would really advise against buying it, unless you think a deck with a story and anime is up your alley. I love Barbara Moore's decks and have 4 that she made or wrote the book on and one of her tarot books. Just really can't gel with the deck. Really sad as BOS1 has amazing artwork

App only cost £2.69 anyway :D

sazerac

I really quite like some of the illustrations, but found it a dud to read with - and the plain green backs - eugh. Sad, as I traded some other deck that did not speak to me for it...and no joy from the Wildwood, either. Too bad! Wanted to love it!

Wildwood = date with a really cute guy you love to look at - but who leaves you with your eyes glazed over at the end of the night - out of boredom or confusion - each equally bad!

This is my experience with Druidcraft. Too Wiccan for me. Beautiful art, almost zero connection. I should trade it.

Metafizzypop

The Tarot of Atlantis. Yes, I know no one here has heard of it. That's because it's not a great deck.

I bought it because I'm interested in the legend of Atlantis. But the deck is completely baffling, not only in terms of tarot but in terms of Atlantis itself.

Atlantis was supposed to be a super-advanced technological civilization. I expected to see this reflected in the illustrations of the cards. Nope. No brilliant scientists here. Just a bunch of gladiators that make the deck look like something from ancient Rome. If it weren't for a couple of cards showing that Atlantis gets sucked down into the ocean, there would no way to know that this even was Atlantis.

Also, the deck appears to have no connection to any existing reading system. It's not RWS, or Thoth, or Etteilla, etc. But it is fully illustrated. However, the meanings in the LWB don't have anything to do with the pictures on the cards!

The only way to use the deck I suppose is just going by the picture, and reading whatever you can get out of that. Generally, I go for more structure than that.

The deck would have been a lot better if the artist had actually known something about Atlantis.