Devil and Temperance

charmedone92

I decided to do a quick 5 card spread earlier in the day, asking if new things will manifest for me within 6 months or so, such as relationships or increase in finances, etc. Using the Tarot of the New Vision deck. Two cards I pulled seemed to trouble me, and I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding the message; or rather, I'm scared of the message.

I got the Devil upright and Temperance reversed when I pulled an extra card over Devil for clarification. I would consider the Devil is rather a negative card, with feelings of it being restriction, addiction (I use to drink for a long while coping with divorce, but I'm good now), and overall hopeless feelings. Temperance, I'll be honest and say I'm not 100% knowledgable on it, but from what I've heard it's usually a card of getting one's heart, mind and soul aligned, and if I could be so blunt, getting one's s**t together so to speak.

Having it reversed with the devil seems to trouble me. What are your thoughts on it?

decan

Reversed, a key word for the Temperance is "unfortunate combinations"; with the Devil around, well, be aware and careful concerning premature choices or bad influences. It is what comes to my mind.

UniversesCollide

Perhaps these cards are prompting you to ponder if you're really as over your past as you think. It doesn't have to mean actual drinking, could be remaining underlying issues that are still buried or even other unhealthy behaviors that replaced drinking if there are any.

By the way, congratulations on the drinking problem being in your past. Don't fear the message, it could be an invaluable warning to help you nip something in the bud.

Ruby Jewel

I decided to do a quick 5 card spread earlier in the day, asking if new things will manifest for me within 6 months or so, such as relationships or increase in finances, etc. Using the Tarot of the New Vision deck. Two cards I pulled seemed to trouble me, and I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding the message; or rather, I'm scared of the message.

I got the Devil upright and Temperance reversed when I pulled an extra card over Devil for clarification. I would consider the Devil is rather a negative card, with feelings of it being restriction, addiction (I use to drink for a long while coping with divorce, but I'm good now), and overall hopeless feelings. Temperance, I'll be honest and say I'm not 100% knowledgable on it, but from what I've heard it's usually a card of getting one's heart, mind and soul aligned, and if I could be so blunt, getting one's s**t together so to speak.

Having it reversed with the devil seems to trouble me. What are your thoughts on it?

Temperance can handle the Devil....any day of the week. I feel the key to this combination is that you have the power within you to turn Temperance upright....or she wouldn't have shown up....just do it. She is saying "don't fall off the wagon.......be strong."