The Purity of Heart Spread

Gazel

This is a new spread, I devised today. Please feel free to try it and perhaps give me feedback. I haven't tried it out myself yet - think I will tomororow.

The purpose of this spread is knowing the present condition of one's heart on a physical level, as well as on emotional and spiritual levels. It is also about purifying and healing the sorrows of the heart to be wise from one's life experience and what stands in the way of this process of healing. It is somewhat inspired by 3 of Swords.

Shuffle and lay out the cards in the shape of a heart:

6*******7
****8****
4*******5
**2***3**
****1****

1. What is my heart's present physical (health) condition?
2. What is my heart's present emotional condition?
3. What is my heart's present mental condition?
4. What should my heart forgive and forget/let go of/close out?
5. What should my heart remember/let in/open up to?
6. What hurts my heart?
7. What heals my heart?
8. "Purity of Heart Is to Will One Thing" the Danish christian and existentialist philosopher Soren Kierkeggard said - so What is the purity of my heart - what is it that my heart most want?

(2+3: i.e. what thoughts and feelings have serious importance for my heart's present state, my present "inner landscape"?)

Love, Gazel.

mahjong

Thanks for posting this spread,I have just done it and will be posting results soon.

Darla

Wonderful spread, just what I needed, thank you! :)

Gazel

I did it myself yesterday evening.

I find that it functions quite well.
I wondered if I should add a ninth card position right under the eight, being The Shadow of my Heart, or letting that be the "Purity" and the eight the "Shadow". But my own reading told me that would be unnecessary, and maybe even make noise.
If there is indeed shadow and no entirely purity in ones heart it will turn out in the purity position.
And then one can use the other positions to work out why it is so. And they are quite helpful, I should say.

Love, Gazel.

Darla

Maybe one could draw an additional shadow card for clarification but I agree that it's not neccessary. I think positions 4 and 6 also give a lot of insight into a potential shadow.