Golden Universal Tarot

G6

I'm bumping this because I got the LS Golden Universal a few weeks ago off the trade thread.

It reads well, but I think the artwork is pretty lame.

The gold bling effect is pretty tame.

All in all, I'd say this deck is a hot mess.

I'll likely keep it as a "who cares" deck for travel/readings for others.

Heres some updated thoughts. Since I wrote this I edged the GU in black and then traded it away a few months ago. I used it a lot when I had it because it is such an easy read and it did grow on me. If I happen upon it again I wouldn't mind having it around. Decks can be funny that way.

EmpyreanKnight

Since I wrote this I edged the GU in black . . .

I'm curious, how did you edge it? What are the specific craft brands you used, and the steps you followed? Were the results good, I mean no bleeding into the edges of the card faces or things like that?

I have never modified any of my decks in any way, but since I have had some concerns regarding deck edges getting sullied, I just might try this out. I'm thinking of doing this on my Gothic Tarot by Vargo too since like the Golden Universal it also has black borders.

RiverRunsDeep

I'm curious, how did you edge it? What are the specific craft brands you used, and the steps you followed? Were the results good, I mean no bleeding into the edges of the card faces or things like that?

I have never modified any of my decks in any way, but since I have had some concerns regarding deck edges getting sullied, I just might try this out. I'm thinking of doing this on my Gothic Tarot by Vargo too since like the Golden Universal it also has black borders.

Well, I am not G6, but I edged my GU deck in black as well. When I do black edging, I love using an Avery Marks-A-Lot marker. It has an angled edge for easy application. I'm not sure if the color would bleed onto the edges of a deck, because I have only used it on decks with black borders. Love the results with it. The black edges turn out sleek, satiny, and oh-so-classy.

G6

I use an Avery Marks-A-Lot, Black, Chisel Tip permanent marker (see below). The chisel tip is important because with the edge it's less likely you'll make mistakes. It'll be easy with your black border decks. There are some links in the Talking Tarot section that have more info on edging.

https://www.amazon.com/Marks-Chisel-Permanent-Marker-98028/dp/B002CO3S06

EmpyreanKnight

Well, I am not G6, but I edged my GU deck in black as well. When I do black edging, I love using an Avery Marks-A-Lot marker. It has an angled edge for easy application. I'm not sure if the color would bleed onto the edges of a deck, because I have only used it on decks with black borders. Love the results with it. The black edges turn out sleek, satiny, and oh-so-classy.

I use an Avery Marks-A-Lot, Black, Chisel Tip permanent marker (see below). The chisel tip is important because with the edge it's less likely you'll make mistakes. It'll be easy with your black border decks. There are some links in the Talking Tarot section that have more info on edging.

https://www.amazon.com/Marks-Chisel-Permanent-Marker-98028/dp/B002CO3S06

Thanks for the heads up! And with both of you recommending the very same brand, I guess that proves its efficacy. Heading of to the Talking Tarot sub.

Barleywine

I still don't see an "improved" version of this deck without the artificial ageing. Maybe it's not going to happen. But after reading Benibell Wen's review on her website, it sounds like a good deck for use in my public practice, so it goes on the wish list.

CharlotteK

I had a copy of this turn up in the post today. My word, that is one blingy deck. Never seen anything quite like it! It shuffled really well, though I did nearly spit my tea out at the Page of Cups' excessively bouffant doublet. I will quite enjoy using this in group sessions.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk