Can the Ten of Swords ever be good?

Barleywine

yeah but one card by itself says nothing about what come after rock bottom It just says, you're hitting rock bottom now.

Which is why I extrapolated into qabalistic theory by pointing out that the way past the symbolic end of the cycle is to invoke the Ace of the next suit; that's where the energy will go next in its self-expression. It's not a literal viewpoint, more a metaphorical one. If looking for a handhold to pull yourself out of the morass, that's one way to look at it.

werewolfmoon

I get the Ten of Swords when my deck gets fed up of me asking about something.

"listen woman, shut up, Im tired of you asking me about this, stop asking!"

"You're being a drama queen, shut up, chill out, the worst is over, it wasnt so bad, its never as bad as you think."

Laurelle

The 10 of swords as a positive, well I'm not entirely sure, but I do have question maybe someone could answer.

Could the positive be seen through the Sun in Gemini attribute to the 10 of Swords?

Sun in Gemini: Talkative. But also sporadic and generally have to have a lot of focus to finish a project. So this guy with 10 swords all lined up perfectly seems to have finished a project. And isn't that a good thing for someone with their Sun in Gemini?

Especially given that 0 is seen through the number 1. Yes, the wheel comes into play, which would give Jupiter a nod, but really it's more of a 0 (new beginnings and endings all all and nothing and everything all at once), plus the number 1, which is initation, monad, single, Single-minded (which would be a good thing for Sun in Gemini)...

If anyone else can see the 10 of Swords as positive through it's numerology and astrological associations, please post.

Thanks!

Thirteen

Sun in Gemini: Talkative. But also sporadic and generally have to have a lot of focus to finish a project. So this guy with 10 swords all lined up perfectly seems to have finished a project. And isn't that a good thing for someone with their Sun in Gemini?
Certainly. The 10/Swords is often about (1) all that needed to be said has been said, meaning no more need be said; everyone is completely informed. And/or (2) those who are wise already know all this and need not be told, and those who are not wise should not be told. So, silence is golden?

Addendum: I've said this before, and I hope my Moon Gemini doesn't get a "here she goes again..." ;) but RWS 10/Swords image reflects the tale of Solomon's architect who was murdered because he wouldn't give out secrets to unworthy men. Given that story, the 10/Sword's Sun-in-Gemini could indicate the highest logic and wisdom and reason behind the talking. Meaning that it can see, by the light of the sun, who is worthy of hearing these words and who is not. And not even the threat of death will make this person give them to the latter.

The murdered man, thus, is a martyr and example to those who would learn the highest secrets. If you get this card, then you are wise enough and mentally courageous enough to have been told such information. You are willing to die rather than give this information to anyone who isn't worthy.

Barleywine

I'm just now reading Elizabeth Hazel's The Tarot Decoded, in which she describes the Nine as the "perfection" of the suit (what the Greeks called the "third perfection" after the Three and the Six). The Ten is anticlimactic, as close to a new beginning as it is to an ending because "10" reduces numerologically to "1," or the Ace - what Joseph Maxwell calls a "new unity." The Tens remind me of a janitor sweeping up after all of the workers have gone home. I've had the 10 of Swords come up where a client had to see that, now that the dust had settled, it was time to pick up the pieces and soldier on. In that sense, it put a positive spin on what looked like a harrowing situation. In fact it was a real "scorched earth" scenario, but the deed had already been done and now was the time to begin healing. If the Nine of Swords is the "Dark Night of the Soul," the Ten could be seen as the "crack of dawn."

Ruby Jewel

Hi there,

The title pretty much speaks for itself - can the Ten of Swords ever have a positive meaning? Even The Tower can speak of positive outcomes through drastic change, but how can you ever read a positive outcome into the Ten of Swords?

The ace of Swords is implied in the 10 of Swords as it reduces to a 1. Perhaps one is now in a position to focus on the "truth" of the Ace.....the power of the focused mind. I see this implied in the breaking dawn as well.

magicjack

As Barlywine put it. The 9 is the perfection of the suit. In other words, you should be more afraid of the 9 of swords. There is a way out of the 10 but the 9 is more serious.

Laurelle

Certainly. The 10/Swords is often about (1) all that needed to be said has been said, meaning no more need be said; everyone is completely informed. And/or (2) those who are wise already know all this and need not be told, and those who are not wise should not be told. So, silence is golden?

Addendum: I've said this before, and I hope my Moon Gemini doesn't get a "here she goes again..." ;) but RWS 10/Swords image reflects the tale of Solomon's architect who was murdered because he wouldn't give out secrets to unworthy men. Given that story, the 10/Sword's Sun-in-Gemini could indicate the highest logic and wisdom and reason behind the talking. Meaning that it can see, by the light of the sun, who is worthy of hearing these words and who is not. And not even the threat of death will make this person give them to the latter.

The murdered man, thus, is a martyr and example to those who would learn the highest secrets. If you get this card, then you are wise enough and mentally courageous enough to have been told such information. You are willing to die rather than give this information to anyone who isn't worthy.

I do remember thathat story from before. It's a good story for the 10 of swords. It does make sense. I went to a Christmas party today and I think, in my instance, the strength was keeping information I was told quiet. Though I never had any intention of mentioning it.

It reminds me of the quote "the world belongs to the silent ones." (Or something to that effect).

Laurelle

As Barlywine put it. The 9 is the perfection of the suit. In other words, you should be more afraid of the 9 of swords. There is a way out of the 10 but the 9 is more serious.

I'm just now reading Elizabeth Hazel's The Tarot Decoded, in which she describes the Nine as the "perfection" of the suit (what the Greeks called the "third perfection" after the Three and the Six). The Ten is anticlimactic, as close to a new beginning as it is to an ending because "10" reduces numerologically to "1," or the Ace - what Joseph Maxwell calls a "new unity." The Tens remind me of a janitor sweeping up after all of the workers have gone home. I've had the 10 of Swords come up where a client had to see that, now that the dust had settled, it was time to pick up the pieces and soldier on. In that sense, it put a positive spin on what looked like a harrowing situation. In fact it was a real "scorched earth" scenario, but the deed had already been done and now was the time to begin healing. If the Nine of Swords is the "Dark Night of the Soul," the Ten could be seen as the "crack of dawn."

It makes perfect sense. 9 is the last single digits and the has some fascinating mathematical principles.

magicjack

And yes the sun is what gives the hope to the 10. The 9 is Mars in Gemini.