OTHER decks you want in a POCKET TIN?

greatdane

Wow, fun reading what eveyone would like!

Now that US Games has seen the popularity of decks in pocket size and tins, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them.

I am sure US Games will see this thread.

feynrir

Just wanted to post with my personal related wishes/thoughts!

I don't think decks by Paulina Cassidy or Lisa Hunt (both have decks published under USGames, which I'm sticking to here) would do well in tin size. Much, much too small. In fact I'm shocked that the Thoth does so well in its pocket form; all those small details really would be irksome to try and read in any smaller size but standard.

I would love a pocket Deviant Moon. It's long, so I'm not sure how much squishing would occur in image resizing, but it's bold with lots of BIG and contrasting detail, and the Borderless Edition, while lovely, is really quite big and hard (for my pygmy hands) to shuffle.

I also second the Japaridze, though it's new!

Lastly I think that any and all of Ciro's decks possible would be exquisite in pocket size. His decks are perennial favorites and though detailed, are crisp, bold, and colorful enough to be read seamlessly in smaller form.

My two pennies :)

greatdane

Feynrir

Ah so many lovelies to ponder in pocket size.

I agree. A deck has to lend itself to being smaller. Decks with a lot of details, even if borderless, can lose a lot when reduced.

But there are so many decks I think would be wondrous in a pocket, with a tin, of course!

bonebeach

Any and all historic decks. TdM in a tin. Soprafino in a tin. Etteilla in a tin...! Swiss 1JJ in a tin without the ugh (to me) plaid backs.

Maybe a BORDERLESS Thoth in a tin... I've just started using the lavender box pocket Thoth and somehow it's just so so adorable in a smaller size. Without borders and in a tin, though? Be still, my greedy heart.

*edit* I think I'm the only person in the world who loves it, but Crow's Magick would do really well in a smaller size. Dark background, bold colors, not a lot of intricate details. Lose the borders and the keywords--swoooon!

greatdane

Wondering if other publishers will jump on this?

Seems USG is the only one who has embraced the pocket in a tin for multiple decks.

But I would think if other publishers were going to, they would have by now.

So maybe we will only see more pockets in tins from USG. I do think they will likely do more. They certainly seem popular. And so handy to carry :).

starlightexp

Royal Fez.... gilt edge

greatdane

Well now I must go look at the Royal Fez again, Starlightexp!

I know the deck, but need to look at and picture in a pocket size :). Which image would you think the tin should be, or do you even care if it is in a tin? But if it were, which image?

EDIT: OH YEAH, lose the borders, gilt edge it and it would just pop!

Laura Borealis

Knapp-Hall and Oswald Wirth. :thumbsup:

LauraKai

I'd love a mini Druidcraft!