The THIRD ED DANILOFF is coming! EEEHAAA

Shade

My copy of the third edition arrived in the mail today!

Thoughts:

The size of the deck is INFINITELY easier to shuffle than the original and of course the rounded corners mean that I don't have to round them myself.

I love the way the artwork looks in the original size but when I read with the cards at a cafe they are nearly impossible (and I have big hands).

The new cards have a thicker gold border on the Majors and minors 2-10. The courts and aces have no border. The border hasn't cut off any of the original artwork and I suppose if you wanted you could easily trim it off and it would only sliiiiiighty cut into the hourglass and torch on the back design.

The new back, half a man and half skeleton holding a torch and an hourglass is nice. Of the three versions of the back my favorite is probably the second but I like each edition having its own back.

There is now only one numbering for Strength (VIII) and Justice (XI) - this is fine by me that's the version I use.

The only change I don't like in this edition is that Carte Blanche is a blank card in this one where it was a curtain in the second edition. I loved that curtain! It said "Nope, this is unknown!"

The box the cards are kept in is much sturdier.

If anyone was holding off on the Daniloff because of the dimensions meant it wasn't something you can shuffle then scoop this one up. I'm very happy to have a more manageable copy that I can read with fearlessly in cafes while my nice big majestic version is safe at home.

greatdane

THANK YOU for that wonderful review, SHADE!

It was great you took the time to add the detail you did as you answered many questions I had and some I didn't even think to ask.

Laura Borealis

Thank you Shade :thumbsup: One question, what is the cardstock like? You mentioned the box is sturdier - are the cards sturdier as well?

Shade

The card stock is about the same but because the cards are shorter they bend a LOT less when shuffling. With the second edition I was always worried that they would develop a pronounced bend early on because they were so long but this more compact version feels a bit sturdier to work with.